Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November is almost here which means I will be buying my car VERY soon.
(End of November)

My final conclusion for the Focus I am interested includes:

2012 SEL Sedan
-202A Package
-Auto Transmission
-17" Painted Wheels

The colour will either be Sterling Grey or Tuxedo Black

I have X-Plan but I am not sure how well it will do for me.

The price I think would be suitable for the car is $24,000-$25,500 taxes/delivery in.

Internet says the car should be $28,000 (taxes/delivery in) at MSRP

Is this a reasonable goal? Or am I just day dreaming?

Also this is my first time buying a car, so any tips would be appreciated.

(I have been browsing tips for months now so I have a lot of them down pat, but I'm sure there's more I should be aware of)

And are they incentives I should be aware of?

Sorry if I'm being all "newb" on you guys, but I want to make sure I'm well educated going in.

Cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Doesn't hurt to try.

Also, are you a Costco member? That's $1,000 off right there. If you can negotiate another $1,000 off at least, that's $26k OTD. Somewhere in between what you want to pay and what they want.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I got a fully loaded Titanium and added leather, and the moon roof for $24k AFTER taxes.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't hurt to try.

Also, are you a Costco member? That's $1,000 off right there. If you can negotiate another $1,000 off at least, that's $26k OTD. Somewhere in between what you want to pay and what they want.
I am a Costco member, but it seems that promotion ends October 31st and it doesn't apply to the 12' Focus. Going by their website anyway.

Also I think X-Plan means I can't negotiate, I would just pay a bit over the Invoice for the car. I could be wrong though?

I got a fully loaded Titanium and added leather, and the moon roof for $24k AFTER taxes.
Woah, what a deal. How'd you manage that? (If you don't mind)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Woah, what a deal. How'd you manage that? (If you don't mind)
I told the dealer I didn't want his car over and over until he gave it up. That's on a sedan too btw, slightly cheaper then the hatch.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I also had x-plan and the xplan site launched the Ford.com site so that it would reflect the x-plan discounts as I added packages and options during the build wizard. Handy! I don't know whats out there right now from Ford but when I bought, I would have missed an additional $500 (beyond x-plan) that I got ONLY because I requested a brochure via the Ford website. It was emailed to me about 24 hours after I signed up for the brochure.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I told the dealer I didn't want his car over and over until he gave it up. That's on a sedan too btw, slightly cheaper then the hatch.
That's why I'm going for the sedan haha. I would love a hatch but it's just not feasible for me.

I also had x-plan and the xplan site launched the Ford.com site so that it would reflect the x-plan discounts as I added packages and options during the build wizard. Handy! I don't know whats out there right now from Ford but when I bought, I would have missed an additional $500 (beyond x-plan) that I got ONLY because I requested a brochure via the Ford website. It was emailed to me about 24 hours after I signed up for the brochure.
If only Ford.Ca would do incorporate the same feature. Ford's Canada site also includes taxes in the price it gives you where the American one just gives you the before tax price. I read somewhere that Ford money was being given away inside ordered pamphlets again however it seems the expiry date is before the time I will be buying my car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm working for a ford dealer.. I did a simulation with a car similar of what you want. it would be around 25300, with your X-plan it would get you to 24457 including transport and prep. There's currently a promotion including 900$ worth of tires/wheels/TPMS or a 750$ discount. For the price all you need to add is as I don't know what % of taxes you have in NFL! hope this helps.

BTW Costco is not available for fiesta, focus and Ranger.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm working for a ford dealer.. I did a simulation with a car similar of what you want. it would be around 25300, with your X-plan it would get you to 24457 including transport and prep. There's currently a promotion including 900$ worth of tires/wheels/TPMS or a 750$ discount. For the price all you need to add is as I don't know what % of taxes you have in NFL! hope this helps.

Taxes here in NFL are 13%. So $24,457 is without taxes?
If so, it becomes 27,000+ which is WAY over my budget.
I guess I'll have to walk into the dealer, praying I can get it down
to a reasonable price. [:p]

Thank you for you input!

·
Registered
138 Posts
There's about $1600 of profit margin on a focus.. There's no big deal to get... X-plan gets you already$ 900 of it! Still good! Good luck on your purchase!

the order code is 302A

If you have questions don't hesitate :p

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's about $1600 of profit margin on a focus.. There's no big deal to get... X-plan gets you already$ 900 of it! Still good! Good luck on your purchase!

the order code is 302A

If you have questions don't hesitate :p
Thank you, your help has been much appreciated!

I will not hesitate, for sure haha.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I managed to get an SEL Hatch with 301A pkg (MFT) and Nav for 24k after 13% tax. Lucked out because it was a previous guys order that he bailed on. MSRP on the site now shows it goes for $29187...but at the time they had the ford employee pricing which knocked around 3k off

·
Registered
103 Posts

Don't forget about Recycle Your Ride, if you're also driving something 2005 or older.

As for the Winter Safety Package, check to see what brand of tire is being offered. Ford also has a promotion if you get winter tires from the Service/Parts department. If you're particular in the brand of tires you buy/use, it might be better to go with the $750 discount and use that money towards a new set of winter wheels. Otherwise, the current promotion offered on the new car is a comparable discount if you have to go out and get a whole set of winter wheels, which should include TPMS sensors..

·
Registered
138 Posts
For a focus you would receive 500 wirh the recycle your car program

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thought I'd update here to conclude my post haha

Finally ordered the Focus and it came to around 25,800 taxes in ($22,462 before taxes). $300 over the top of what I wanted to pay, but never the less I think it's still pretty good considering the MSRP was 28 grand + (taxes in).

Thank you all for your input! :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
The website is also misleading because it adds 1600 in "fees" onto the quote too. No dealership except maybe in Fort McMurray would actually charge 1600 in fees.

I priced out an SEL with a candy color, block heater, and 302A package in manual trans and it came to 22530 for invoice cost. Now, subtract the 2000 allowance they offer currently and I could get this car around 20530ish before tax and trade-in.

I priced one out with MFT, upgraded stereo, nav, and 17 polished wheels and I think I'm sitting around 22K for it with the 2K allowance ford is offering. Really temped, we'll see.

Yours with an auto trans is a pretty good price for what you paid. Before tax, I don't think you could've done much better unless your dealer is sitting on stagnant cars that need to sell.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts