Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From LLtek press release:

It looks like Audi may introduce five new cars into the marketplace. Perhaps some of the vehicles shown are trial ballons, however some seem destined to make it to product - others may be just hot air. LLTEK presents a listing of recent speculations and you can take it all in with a grain of salt.

S4 Cabriolet 4.2
High rollers are betting it is almost a certainty that an S4 cabriolet with the big 4.2 V-8 will likely be putting smiles on the faces of North Americans for the 2005 season. On sale as a 2004 model in Europe, expect this 110% fun and performance car to be stateside one year later after retooling for the US specs.

A3 5-door Sportsback
Is this the A3 model destined for North America? We think not; but, expect the model to hit our shores to be very similar. The A3 is bound to be a great entry-level Audi - however, a fully equipped S3 will not be an inexpensive toy.

A8 W-12
The W-12 with tandem V6 cylinder blocks may make it to our shores but will be dependant on sales of the 4.2 A8. The new corporate front grill (upstairs and downstairs) looks like it will migrate into the entire Audi lineup. Check out the neat (and very clean) rear exhaust valance.

Nuvolari A6 - Cabriolet?
Is the Nuvolari really the A6 or will the Nuvolari be a free-standing vehicle in the Audi lineup? This mockup of a Cabriolet version may or may not make it into production as a limited edition.

A3 Sport Utility
This 5-door version of the A3 looks like a mini-allroad and we believe this type of crossover car may one day see our shores if it actually goes into production. Rumors of the concept car "Steppenwolf" have circulated for a year, we prefer the "Steppenwolf".

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
that s4 kick major ass !
probably will cost more than 50k

·
Registered
688 Posts
audis r cool but they kinda luxury..my bro got a 93 100 n it has leather seats..heated seats..all the works old ppl like..he got it when i got my car

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
EuroZX3Focus said:
how do audis do on long term durability like high miles?
very well...almost on par with volvo...but heh...not THAT close

·
Registered
126 Posts
There is a silver s4 at the dealership calling my name every time i drive by it. 6 speed 4.2 litre v-8 340 hp. Unfortunately my budget says, 2002 zx3

·
Registered
798 Posts
actually durability is the Audi's crappy spot. I know on most current Audi's the C-V joints ( I think) have to be replaced after 20,000 miles. But I believe Audi is stepping up the quality.
The only thing that will outlast a Honda is a Toyota. I don't think German cars are anymore reliable than American cars. That's why you get free maintinance for the first three years or so. Which includes major things like brakes and such.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey yall,
I'm over here in Germany, and all the Audi's are passin me like I'm standimg still. The autobahn is no joke! The speed limitor is like kryptonite on the autobahn. I reach 115 and the stupid thing kicks in.... Thats why I'm chipin it. Hopefully it will raise my speed limitor and revs. Those of you who think your fast. Drive here first, and see the difference. If I'm not doing more than 100 from Frankfurt, I get passed like a turtle.

BTW... if you can search for it..... look for the Audi RS6...... she has a twin turbo V8, pushing 450 horses. Heres a link to see and read about it http://www.audi.co.uk/newcars/index.jsp
The funny part about this, is you can get the "wagon" version of this.... Imagine, You. The spouse, two kids in car seats, and dog, smoking most of the sport cars out there..... LMFAO

[pray] ZX5

·
AKA Calamity Jane
1,610 Posts
I would like to have an A4....the 03s are beautiful! Actually, I can honestly say that I would take any Audi if I had the chance. I wouldn't buy one though. I'd be stoked as hell if I won it or something, but if I'm putting that much $ into a car, I'm going for something sportier.

·
Registered
132 Posts
HERE IS MY ONLY COMMENT, AUDI and VOLKSWAGEN ARE THE SAME COMPANY!!!

THEY MAKE ALL OTHER CAR'S LOOK LIKE @SS... WHO ELSE HAS A CAR LIKE THE ORIGINAL BUG, TRANSPORTER (BUS, and for those without any VW knowledge the old VAN), rabbit, golf, the list goes on and on and on!

VW and AUDI are bad @ss cars and if I ever replace my SVTF I'll probably go back to the German roots! (I've owned 3 WV's in my short life and love them all, just to cold to drive a 74 super beetle in Alaska during the winter!)

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
Ehh.. Gimme a BMW anyday.
When my ex and I were together, we had a 2001 Audi A4, 2002 VW Jetta VR6 (holy gosh that was fast!!), 2001 Mercedes SLK (uhhh!!!), and a 2001 BMW 323ci (coupe... beautiful car!!) and others... but those were the top cars we had in our time together.
I must say I was unimpressed with the Audi.. no big deal to me.
The Jetta was not roomy at all. No freakin legroom.. I HATED driving it. But that car was quick as hell.
The SLK wasn't the base model... holy gosh, it was a dream. Oh did that thing "purrrrr". So sad when we traded it in.
The BMW though, has got to be the best bang for the buck.. not that it's cheap or anything. But I just loooove everything about that car. Super handling and just all around.. a super vehicle! I could go for that old M coupe they had.... uhhhhhhh......
Gee, isn't the focus designed in part by BMW? Or am I losing it again? I could have sworn so, cuz the handling is so similar.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm not a fan of BMW, just because of the way the people involved with them have treated me. I was at a car show, go to sit in the jags, and the H2, audis and mercedes, but heaven forbid I sit in a $55,000 BMW convertable! I mean come on! The whole point of it is for people to get in and have a feel. It was too small anyways. :) Then, my mom was out looking for a new car, she gets in one, and she couldn't fit. She's no small woman 6'1" with a 38" inseam, so even with seat fully back there was zero leg room for her. The salesperson said that for the style and prestige she would get used to it. rant over.

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
I hear ya Enigma, I mean, I want one but I would hate to be looked at like I were a b!tch. I hate stereotypes. I just have tried out various cars and I always liked how BMW's ride. I am no small woman either.. I am 6'1 as well. ?! My long legs did mighty fine in it. (in the Jetta, I was absolutely crushed) Yeah, but again, I do agree how it's a shame people are so "high-n-mighty" and stuck up. Whatever though, that won't deter me from getting a car I really enjoy. Ahh.... someday. *dreams

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ford copied the suspension steup from BMW, so it'll have good handling and a soft ride. But no BMW did not help design the Focus.

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
Thank you for your clarification.. I knew there was SOMETHING about it.... I didn't mean to sound as though BMW helped design it.. I knew they didn't... sorry...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
imajsdaddy said:
HERE IS MY ONLY COMMENT, AUDI and VOLKSWAGEN ARE THE SAME COMPANY!!!
VW also makes Porsche. I almost got a New Beetle Turbo. I'd take a TT anyday, except for the new front wheel drive turbo (because its the lowest model).
That's crazy about Ford copying BMW. I wish we had the same suspension setup as the new 7 series.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts