Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll just leave this here. I'm certainly going to take advantage of this to buy backups.

http://store.42draftdesigns.com/Black-Friday_ep_48-1.html

Our car (08-11) uses the 14.5v 39mm fuse style LEDs. Since they're made to handle a higher voltage, they won't burn out like lots of others.

Just thought I'd share [driving]

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also mention that these are the ones that have been in my car since February and they're still working like champs. If I'm driving, they're on. I have no complaints!

·
Registered
24 Posts
What is the difference between these and the ones superbrightleds.com makes? I have them in the interior map lights, trunk light, reverse light and the license plate lights and they are working fine.

are these made differently or are a better quality or something?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The voltage is different. The SuperBrightLEDs are only made to take 12v, but spoilers, your license plate lights run at 13v or slightly higher. I had the SuperBrightLEDs in my license plate lights, but they burnt out after about 2 months. The 42draftdesigns LEDs, however, are made to take the higher voltage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A little off topic, but the LEDs from superbrightleds.com that I installed in the map lights stay on very dim when the car is running. They turn on properly but never fully turn off unless the vehicle itself is completely off.

Why is this?

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
A little off topic, but the LEDs from superbrightleds.com that I installed in the map lights stay on very dim when the car is running. They turn on properly but never fully turn off unless the vehicle itself is completely off.

Why is this?
Also a question I've wanted to know. Maybe it has to do with the volts

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I'm an electrical apprentice and I asked one of the journeymen electricians on the job and they said that its just probably because there is a very small leak of current (voltage) in the circuit coming from the source, and since the LEDs run at a much lower voltage, the leak of current is just enough to make the LEDs glow very dimly. But with a regular bulb the leak of current is not enough to make it light up at all.

I dont know if anyone else knows why 100% this happens? I just ignore it when I drive now. lol

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
qucik help from someone who hs done it for the trunk light do i need the 39mm led or the 42mm?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts