Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering if there is way way to put brighter (what I'm assuming are LED) bulbs in the stock foot-well lighting? I'd rather not wire in another lighting unit. Also I was wondering if you can change the color of the lighting?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I do not believe they are 'bulbs' in the sense that each light source in the Ambient Lighting system is an individual assembly that contains the diodes necessary to change colors when you use the lighting button.

Modifying the system would likely reduce functionality or render it useless altogether.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks that's what I wanted to know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
A few months ago I wired LED strips to the battery and put them under the foot wells with a switch to activate and deactivate. They light up a nice bright blue.

It wasnt too hard. The first time i did it to a car i had no idea what i was doing, but once i did it to my focus it didnt seem as hard. Took maybe an hour. Got em at autozone

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just not confident in my ability to wire. It's probably one of the things that scares me the most lol.

·
Registered
472 Posts
So I was wondering if there is way way to put brighter (what I'm assuming are LED) bulbs in the stock foot-well lighting? I'd rather not wire in another lighting unit. Also I was wondering if you can change the color of the lighting?
My 2014 Ti has the ability to change the lighting color. It has 10 or so different colors. For mine the button is up by the sunglass holder on the headliner. Can also change brightness.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My 2014 Ti has the ability to change the lighting color. It has 10 or so different colors. For mine the button is up by the sunglass holder on the headliner. Can also change brightness.
My 2013 SE hatchback with 201A package has thew ability to change to seven different colors and to change the intensity. A button controls the color change, and a dimmer controls the intensity. Both are are located in the overhead console.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts