Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i got some of those pedals off of autozoe for a universal automatic. Nevermind if the idea is chessy i likke how it looks so that all thatmatters. Anyhoo the pedals connect with these swinging arm tabs that are screwed tight. I got the brake pedal one as hard as a rock and stale but the gas pedal is a different matter. The dam thing always falls off and i wonder if anyone else had this same problem and what they did to fix it. Oh yea my car is an automatic[?|]

·
Registered
613 Posts
this might help

if it is the kind that comes with two tabs on each corner yeah the brake is easy on AT or a MT, but the gas pedal on the focus and other fords is a pain in the ass, best bet use some double sided tape, and then use pliers to make the tabs fold at near perfect 90 degree angles, then press it on really hard and push the hell out of those tabs, and it should work that's how I got them to work on a couple of cars....mainly newer fords, hope that might help a bit

·
Registered
650 Posts
Does anyone here have pedals and not like them, i want to get some but am afriad that there is going to be something about them that i dont like.

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I got the ones from new edge, great fit no problems and only @ 20 minutes to install.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Sorry for the question but I am a rookie as you can see.
My gas pedal is made of hard plastic. Can I drill it and is still be strong?[driving]

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Yellow bird, yes you can drill it without impacting the strength of your gas pedal. That is unless you plan on putting 50 holes in it. I drilled two holes into mine, no sweat.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Yes, for the pedals I got for my ATX from Newedge you just drill two holes in each existing pedal and attach the new ones to them with two bolts. It was about a 20 minute project.
The brake pedal is metal and the gas pedal is plastic.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Focusedat50 said:
Yes, for the pedals I got for my ATX from Newedge you just drill two holes in each existing pedal and attach the new ones to them with two bolts. It was about a 20 minute project.
But the stock gas pedal is plastic. I thought the whole purpose of replacing or covering your stock pedals was to get metal ones that look better...[scratch]

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
hardcore i have some glow pedals on my car and its an auto as well. the brake pedal was the easiest to get on. the gas pedal you have to try and squeeze that sucker in as hard as possible. so far i havent had any problems with it falling down all the time. just try to fit it in as much as possible and you shouldnt have any problems with that

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
Get whatever you think looks good, and flows well with your ride. I prefer things that screw in, or cannot come off, last thing I'd need is to go for the clutch and have the damn pedal come off at some crucial moment during driving.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
03ChromeChica said:
hmmmm, ive seena lot of pics and now im wondering what people recommend me getting..

there are alot of sets of pedals out there. you just have to see which one you think looks better with your car. i really love my blue glow pedals. they look good to me and when im driving through a dark street the inside of my car just looks blue

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Focusedat50 said:
Micro, I was referring to the stock pedals. The replacement pedals I installed are aluminum with rubber knobs for grip.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I got those cheap ones from autozone.. they look better than the just plain black.. my gas pedal doesnt fall off though, sucks for you..jk..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts