Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same price as Irwindale, but its a full 1/4. Bit of a further drive for many of us, but i think its about time we graduate from 1/8ths.

There are a few differences at the track, you can read them here: Track Rules

The two things i see that stand out are:

1. Cars measured over 100db at a 100' range will not be allowed to run. Sorry Leo.

2. its not first in line goes, you get a group number on your registration card, and they call 50 at a time to the staging lane. For this reason, i think we should meet up outside the track, and drive in together to make sure we are in the same group.

Lets see if we can get a good group going here.[headbang][headbang][headbang]

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
He might pass the sound its 100db at 100 feet away but is car is loud!

·
Registered
435 Posts
lets really ask ourselves, how loud really is 100db, anyone with a db meter i can borrow...? I hear hondas louder than mine, and you cant tell me that those rice bags dont show becasue of that 100db rule...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yeah that's saying anybody with a header can't run cause I have db meter on my phone and idle is pretty darn close. I've got a muffler a 14" resonator and a cat on my car and it's still louder.

Edit: I see it's a 100 now lookin through it again. I'm sure my car is louder than that. I'm sure alot of fofo are louder than that.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
My 06 duratec 2.0. Engine -stock cat-2nd cat- then 2.25 magnaflow only 1 muff. Didn't pass the referee it was over the 95db limit for cali. I had it on for 3 years tho. My buddys Svt didn't pass the 95db test either.stock cat/magnaflow 18" resonator /magnaflow muffler 2.25 size piping. It it 97db so I made a custom baffle that goes in the tip for him just to pass lol 93db hahah

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly, they probably dont push that 100db rule that much, its probably more or less a safety for them to use when some guy does have really loud car and they get complaints from the neighbors

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Wow, ^^ not going to add anything to that lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts