Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the bulbs today thinking it would look better and that they also would not turn on the night before. After they are installed, they still do not turn on. My friend and I proceeded to check the fuses and could not find anything blown or even cracked. Any ideas what could be wrong with it? Im going to double check the relays after my 130 class today and hopefully I find something then.

·
Registered
148 Posts
happened to me...the relay went bad. Replaced it and it worked for a while...now my left fog went out. Its not the bulb(tried swapping bulbs) and all the fuses look fine so I'll have to investigate some more.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It did end up being the relay, i went and touched it and the wire just fell apart. It was corroded to shit and Im surprised it lasted as long as it did

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had done the mod before because my relay went bad...now i'm trying to figure out why my left light went out after a few months...the bulb still works because i tried swapping left and right. The fuses under the hood are fine. I haven't checked under the dash yet

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yf22k said:
I had done the mod before because my relay went bad...now i'm trying to figure out why my left light went out after a few months...the bulb still works because i tried swapping left and right. The fuses under the hood are fine. I haven't checked under the dash yet
you double check the wiring where the relays use to be?

·
Registered
148 Posts
there was only 1 relay for the fog lights and I modified the relay so that its always in the on position. I guess i should check it again but i thought it controlled both the fog lights through a single contact

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have kinda a goofy issue on my foglight mod: i didn't hardwire the relay - just placed a spacer inside so it was always "on". At first, it worked fine and the foglights would come on with just the parking lights. Recently though, they only stay on by themselves if the headlights have also been on for a while and are then switched off, almost like the relay has to get warm or something.

example: I'll pull out of the garage, turn on the parking lights and pull the switch for the fogs. No fogs. I'll turn the headlights and fogs on and everything works. 10-15 minutes later I'll turn the headlights off and then the fogs will remain on by themselves. I haven't taken the relay apart again to poke around yet.

Any ideas? [???:)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts