1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal to get that?

I find it irritating.My dad also got this on his bran new Mustang.[???:)]

It's on the OUTSIDE of the windshield.[:(!]

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i get it too. kinda bothers me since the only way to get rid of it is to get it warmer than it is outside making the inside of the car hot.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yep, really annoying. i turn the defrost on, with heat and leave the windows down. Its still really annoying, i wish there was something to spray on the window to reduce the fog. Is there such a magical product?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Try RAIN-X since it has substances in it to reduce that. i believe it is a normal characteristic and yes they do have sprays to eliminate that. Just have to do some research guys and when you find it LET ME KNOW.....lol.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Ummm. its on the outside? right?...Hit the wipers?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
If you have the air conditioning on, and set it on defrost, what you have is condensation from the warm humid air on the cold glass, happens to me when I forget to move the switch off defrost - that's all you should need to do...
Unless you're getting it all over the windshield and/or windows, I just get a bit above the wipers.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
viney266 said:
Ummm. its on the outside? right?...Hit the wipers?
Yeah, it just comes right back, and it smears the bugs and stuff thats on the dry part of the window. Its not because i forgot to turn the air off, i never use it. I'll try some of this stuff, maybe i'll find a cure for it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
CONDENSATION, have we forgotten highschool science?
same as the stuff on the outside of a cold glass

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
You have to wet the glass with a wetting solution (like a contact lense). You could dampen a rag with Simple Green (or Super Clean or anything similar) and rub it on. You want the opposite of rain-ex. You want water to hug the glass and spread out so the coating of water is if uniform thickness and therefore does not distort your vision. Other things that work- Saliva, or rub the glass with chew tobacco(an old trucker's trick from before the days of windshield wipers)

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Sting2324 said:

It says to only use it on the inside glass, but don't have a problem with it on the outside.

---Randy
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! It will leave streaks and a residue that is very difficult to get off. Your windows will still fog and your visibility will be much worse with this product.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I don't like anything rain-x makes. It's all fine in theory but it doesn't work out well in practice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts