Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
OEM+ is added things from other Foci that wasn't on yours. IE: fogs on a fogless car, SVT sideskirts on a non SVT
Perfect explanation.

Trust me anything over 4300k will have crappy output and prolly a terrible throw.
It doesn't matter what color he gets, the throw it going to be terrible using HID.

You should get an OEM grille like a euro, or an SVT. You can actually find them for really cheap...
I agree with this as well. I haven't seen much of SVT grilles as of late, but if you keep your eyes open on SVT Part-Outs, you can usually snag one up pretty cheap.

·
Registered
345 Posts
could you point me in the right direction for the grille then? I can't seem to find one. I need the turn signals in it, as my headlights are oem as well. any suggestions?
and thanks for saying the lights look good ^-^
SVT Grilles have the turn signals in the grille, the just don't have the 3 black slits in them like the Non-SVT grille.

Everytime you come on the forum, make sure you head over to the classifieds. It's good practice, plus while your looking for a grille you may find something else you want to buy.

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
Here is the perfect grille setup for a Focus that uses turns in the grille:

The bottom grille is an OEM SVT grill that you can get at rockauto for $30 and then you just cut it to fit. I have seen FF'ers get SVT upper SVT grilles for as low as $30 as well, just keep an eye out in the BST and on ebay

·
Registered
345 Posts
^^^^

Now THAT is OEM+

Very nice work. It's not very often people try to match the lower SVT grille when they replace the upper grille.

·
Chef Boyardee
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
man, that looks sick. im looking right now, even though i should be asleep since i have school at 7 tomorrow, and its like midnight. but this is more important. next paycheck I will hopefully find an svt grille, as that does look even better. and that wouldnt block the leds I have behind it at all, which is an even bigger plus to looking better. thumbs up on that lower grille too

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
Sorry forgot to say that the photo I posted is ranger_mclaren's ride. He is currently undergoing an SPI to Zetec swap

·
Chef Boyardee
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
i would love to have the cash to do that. i fear every day that my valve seat will drop. i love this car, and dont want that to happen. when my mom said my grandma bought a focus i was not very impressed, but now i'm in love. all thanks to you guys showing me how to spend my money :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
And I've used hid fogs in 3 diffrent vehicles. It works the same if not better than halogen.

3000K works the best
And a good lens helps also

But ive run tinted heads, tinted fogs, tinted tails for years

·
Registered
345 Posts
And I've used hid fogs in 3 diffrent vehicles. It works the same if not better than halogen.
The ONLY thing that would make this a true statement is if 3000k -5000k HIDs were used in a PROJECTOR fog light housing because the cutoff shield in the projector housing will limit the amount of beam scatter. Ask me how I know...

3000K works the best <----- For fog light housings... TRUE!
And a good lens helps also <----- If by "lens" you mean "projector"... TRUE!
WARNING THE STATEMENT BELOW IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO START SHIT. I do not want to start an argument, I do not want start a debate. You guys do whatever you want with your cars, they are yours, I'm fine with that. I am just trying to get the right information to the OP.

HIDs are not better in a reflector housing than halogen because they do not put the light where it supposed to go. Yes you have light on the road in front of you, but it is also scattered up in the air and off to the side, you just don't realize it because the road is the closest object to your headlights.

[thumb]

41 - 53 of 53 Posts