Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 ZX3 and I didnt get the fog lights. I was wondering what it would take to put some in also if there are better fog lights than OEM or if there is another place to mount them besides on the bottom lip. I looked and there is alot of plastic down there and I dont this the cover pops off to put in OEM fog lights. Or do I have to get a new bottom grill?

Thanks
You guys rock!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
zx3... with no fogs? i've heard of that in other countries, but a US spec one without? that's odd.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep 0ot it here in Colorado. I have noticed that I havwe the only one in town like that. Can i use the OEM ford lights and like cut out the grill or something?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
[scratch]
No fog lights on a Zx3 ?

I have a base model Zx3 and it came with the fog lights.
Also, my as built sheet that came with my car states that it's the Zx3 base and Fog lights are listed as a standard feature.
As far as cutting a hole in the bumper for fog lights, I would see if someone responds who has done this and see if they can provide U with pics....
Good luck...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Sounds like I got ripped off! I dont have the tilt wheel either! I really want that

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Wow. I think you did get ripped off. When I bought my Zx3 I seen that they came standard with tilt/telescoping wheel and fogs. But I have seen a few lately (ZX3's) with no fogs. You could go and buy aftermarket ones and mount them where ever you feel you like.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I have fog lights, never use em'. Just get really nice halogen bulbs or an HID conversion. Do you ever have plans for a body kit? I want to get an avenger kit, and it would eliminate the fog lights.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i know its a little different but i have a 2000 zts w/out fogs. the wiring is already there however. I am currently buying all the stiff needed, fogs, new lower grille and switch. its simple to install all u have 2 do is remove old lower grille and replace w new grille fogs and switch.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Im here in Colorado too, my ZX3 came with Fogs, but no tilt steering or cruise or anything like that, I dont even have power mirrors or windows lol, Hows the springs?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts