Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got my first ford focus svt well first focus ever.. and i love the look when the headlights are off but the foglights and parking lights are on.. i noticed on my headlight switch that it will let me pull out the switch to turn the fog lights on when in parking lights only mode and have the symbol saying the fog lights are on but when i go outside the vehicle the fogs are off.. until i turn on the headlights..

also something different i noticed is that when you are in the parking light position with the fog light's turned on you turn it to the off position it will spring load the switch so it go's back to the parking light on position, im thinking this is to flash the fog lights but mine don't come on... its a little frustrating..

any ideas

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Check the How-To section for the fog light hack.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I believe it's normal, mine does the same thing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Check the How-To section for the fog light hack.
great encyclopedia of how to work on this car. The how-to section on this site is second to none.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
fog light mod rocks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm just wondering why anyone wants the fogs on alone or with the parking lights. I also wonder why so many drivers run the fogs all the time.

·
because race car
1,948 Posts
I'm just wondering why anyone wants the fogs on alone or with the parking lights. I also wonder why so many drivers run the fogs all the time.
I drove with parking and fog lights on in the daytime. A lot of Cobras and lightnings do it so I seemed like an SVT thing

·
Registered
31 Posts
For the most part fog lights are for looks. I know they are functional and useful, but they are there to be aesthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I ran them during the day with my GT because I thought it looked great and also for safety.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,213 Posts
Most other cars that I have driven the fogs come on with the parking lights, including a '99 Explorer.

For me I like that I dont have to turn on my HIDs when I just want to shuffle the car around in the driveway or street at night. Plus I like to use them at dusk and dawn.

I did my fog light mod the hard way by not using a jumper wire, I used a relay instead. While I was at it I threw in the highbeam cut off relay to stay legal.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
People run fog lights only during the day because of the look of it.

And as others said, it's normal for the fogs to not come on without the headlights being on as well. You have to do the foglight mod for it to work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts