Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so today i get in the car and turn my headlights on with fogs, and i noticed that my fogs didn't come on, so i turned the head lights off (i have a fog mode) and my fogs came on as a daytime running lights, tried couple of times like that but fogs didn't work with headlights... so i was like w.e. got in the car and fogs went on, so played with the switch for some more and everything worked fine.. what could it be? a short somewhere? but then why did they work just by themselves? any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea but they worked without the headlights.. if the fuse was blown then they wouldn't work at all.. anyway it was too dark already to check the fuses and stuff.. but im gonna look tomorrow.. maybe thers even some melting with nokyas.. hopefully not tho..

·
Registered
25 Posts
My car is the oppsite. The fogs only work when the head lights are on... With the parking lights on I will turn the fogs on and the fog light display lights up but the fogs never come on.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im using 14g one.. + same thing happened to me again today..i guess it happens in cold, coz in the morning when i started the car, everything worked fine (parked in the garage) and just 20 mins ago i was going home and my car was outside for like an hour or so, and fogs didnt come right away, but after like 30ft of driving they came on.. i checked all the fuses that the manual gives you (foglights, headlight, lights switch and blah blah blah) and they were fine, no melting or anything on harnesses.. so i have no idea what that could be...

·
Registered
395 Posts
i dont think its from the cold my car wan in 20 degree weather and had no problems. Make sure your wires are crimped togather tight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts