Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2003 Focus ZX3, and am very familiar with Ford, 12 Volt electrical systems, and this particular sedan. I'm a senior resident of Ranger-Forums, so I'm familiar with Forums, especially VBB forums like this. I used the search feature, trying many terms, and going through 2 or 3 pages on each term to no avail.
There. Now that my disclaimer is done, on to my question.

I noticed the OEM Fog Lights only activate when the headlights are ON. The switch allows you to pull out (to turn on the Fog lights) when it's in the parking light position, but the fog lights won't turn on until you move the switch to the Headlight position.

Some vehicles allow fog lights with parking lights, including my 2003 Ford Explorer. I would like to modify the Focus to work the same. I'd prefer to modify the relay or wiring before tearing into the switch, but I'm not afraid of anything involved.

Does anybody have an electrical diagram, experience modifying, or advice on achieving this? I appreciate it in advance!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Check out the fog light mod, it's what I did.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang...I just found it. Figures...I go talkin sh!t like I know what I'm doing with the search feature, then I find what I'm looking for without using Search. That goes to show that the comment of "Use Search!" isn't always the best for noobies.

Thanks anyway! [spank]

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
LOL

BTW, there's no reason here to use a disclaimer. Sure a few might tell you to search, but someone always comes along with the answer and most of the time a link to the solution. This is a pretty mellow community.

And welcome.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
^I agree. People do not tend to flip out here. That is why I have stayed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
anyone else feel like their car was at least a second faster after doing the fog light mod? i know i did, for like a day...

seriously though, my favorite mod had to be that, i don't know why

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
^^ I just did this to my car today so I can't say if it makes it any faster but I'll be sure to try it tomorrow. lol

By the way, thanks NeedForSpeed for bringing up this subject. I wouldn't have even known you could do this if you hadn't asked.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was one of the simplest mods to do, and the most effective for practical use. I love the look of parking lights with fog lights, so now it's time to do clear corners and Platinum bulbs!

·
Registered
1 Posts
oh i can't wait to do this mod. i wired my halo's and led lights through my foglights so now i will be able to run my halos and leds without having my headlights on thanks so much!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts