Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, as a new user i am not sure if this post is in the right section[8]

I have recently bought a 2011 Focus Trend, as far as i know the Trend is the lowest edtion here in Norway.
I have been looking at installing fog lights onto the car, and i have searched and read threads on many discussion forums with no good result.

After reading for about a day i have not found anything similar to this car. I found out in the manual that fuse 75 is for the foglights. I decided to look if there was wires connected to the place where this fuse should be. But when i looked at the fuse box, there already was a 15amp fuse in that place.

So i was wondering if anyone knows if changing switch panel for the lights and installing fog lights is all i need to do. I read in a thread at another forum that the bcu had to be replaced with one from a car with fog lights. I am wondering if i have to change bcu because it seems like there already is a wiring harness for fog lights fuse.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Is the 2011 a MKIII in your country? If yes, there's a plenty of threads regarding to a foglight installation here, just search for it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford started selling the Focus mk3 in 2011, mine is registered for first time 28.04.2011.

I have read through plenty of threads about retrofitting fog lights, but many of these threads mention that fuse no.75 is just an empty spot. But in my car there is a fuse there, but no fog lights. And this is from factory!
The reason why i want to know more about this is because i want them connected to the original wiring, instead of a kit that requires an extra button.

After a day and a half with only searching for that i am sick of searching [:p]

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Don't feel bad, I might just throw the bezels in without the lights until I get around to ordering, installing, wiring everything else up. I have seen people order kits that included the bezels but I sort've like the oem route on those.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I believe, 'cause I'm a believer, the bezels without the foglights could get loose and you can lost them on the road.
I got everything OEM at my local FDealer but the harness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In a couple of days i will take my car to the Ford dealer i bought it at, and then hear if they can activate fog lights on my car.
I think it is better to see if it can be activated before i buy the lights, bezels, button panel and wiring.

I will let you know the result of this, as soon as i get the answers of this question from the shop. [:)]

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Good luck with that. I've dealt with some retarded service people before.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I believe, 'cause I'm a believer, the bezels without the foglights could get loose and you can lost them on the road.
I got everything OEM at my local FDealer but the harness.
Did you wire your fogs up yet? Thanks for posting the part numbers in your build thread. I saw someone used an advanced auto wiring kit to hook up there's. I may go that route and just run it off of the ignition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts