Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My fog lights don't work (front or rear) - I recently took it to a main dealer who said it was the bulbs. I had a service done on it by an independent who said the bulbs were fine, it was something to do with the switch, but they couldn't fix this.

I took it back to main dealer who replaced the bulb & fuse (charging me £42!) when I checked it the lights on the switch where you turn on the fog lights were lit for the first time, and fog lights came on.

Then after about 1 month I came to use the fogs for the 1st time - as soon as I pulled the switch out to turn them on, the light came on then went out (on the switch) and since then the fog lights don't work.

I'm thinking there's nothing wrong with the bulb or fuse as originally described by the independent - is it a simple/cheap repair to get the switch fixed (if it is the switch)?

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
415 Posts
It sounds to me like there is a short in the wiring some where that just needs to be replaced. Did you try replacing the fuse and seeing if it pops the fuse when you turn it on?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts