Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing a lot of research on here and from what I've read if there's a 15A fuse in Slot 75 of the BCM, my FF is pre-wired for OEM Fogs. So if that's the case, have any of y'all had them installed at the dealer? [race]

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
Why install at the stealership? if it is prewired you just need to get the mounting hardware and surround and should be good right? Though things have changed since MK1...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I personally heard that it's quite expensive to get the dealer to install fog lights... they have to change the programming of the ECU or whatever too, along with the factory light switch... I'm going with a $61 direct fit kit off eBay with it's own wiring... it seems decent enough quality for how cheap it is and has it's own fuse, relay, everything.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bought the pro tuning lab hid kit. Works flawless. Installed myself and wired it myself. Took about two hours to lay it out and fasten everything to make it look clean or at least as if it were installed at the factory

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I personally heard that it's quite expensive to get the dealer to install fog lights... they have to change the programming of the ECU or whatever too, along with the factory light switch... I'm going with a $61 direct fit kit off eBay with it's own wiring... it seems decent enough quality for how cheap it is and has it's own fuse, relay, everything.
Yeah I got cheap set off of eBay, unfortunately I'm in the process of returning them because the hardware was wrong. Btw, where did you run your wires through the firewall?

I bought the pro tuning lab hid kit. Works flawless. Installed myself and wired it myself. Took about two hours to lay it out and fasten everything to make it look clean or at least as if it were installed at the factory
Just looked at those high quality kits and man do they look sharp. So HID can still be ran off of the battery just like Non-HID?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why install at the stealership? if it is prewired you just need to get the mounting hardware and surround and should be good right? Though things have changed since MK1...
Just trying to weigh my options here...Honestly I don't have much patience LOL

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm not near my car to take a pic. But if you look behind the passenger strut tower there's that big rubber grommet that has all the wiring coming in right above the foot well for the passenger then ran the switch wiring under the dash through the center console literally right under the shifter linkage then to my foot well

·
Registered
650 Posts
Just trying to weigh my options here...Honestly I don't have much patience LOL
Any good reputable stereo car installation shop could do it. Take it to the stealership and you will pay triple!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'm not near my car to take a pic. But if you look behind the passenger strut tower there's that big rubber grommet that has all the wiring coming in right above the foot well for the passenger then ran the switch wiring under the dash through the center console literally right under the shifter linkage then to my foot well
Yes, this... I'm telling my guy to install the wire through there tomorrow. I hear it helps to have the drill bit that is used to pull a wire through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts