Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Nope. My complaint to Ford on this 3 months ago has gone all the way to the engineering department with no resolve.

Funny thing is there is an exception to this in rare circumstances they have come back on upon Autolamp activation, only when leaving the car for a short time.

Also, the 2011 Edge and Explorer with the same headlamp switch assembly and fog lamp button operates like Fords have for years, they come on with each Autolamp activation until the fog lamp button is pressed to turn them off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nope, they do come back on if only it you left the car for about 2 or minutes then they come on automatically.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did have them come back on automatically one time, but I couldn't figure out how I had accomplished it. Guess it was a quick off and on circumstance. Doesn't that suck.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was asked about this by an engineer at the focus owner event I went to this month.

They said it's possible to set the fog lights on when headlights are on but it really makes no sense.. They're fog lights and aren't meant to be on at all times. I agreed with the engineer. I'd rather preserve the bulbs and press the button when I feel I could use the extra light.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Pimp Style

But I want to roll pimp style thru the hood showin off my bling to all the ricers and neonheads. LOL. [drummer]

I wish there was a way to reverse it and hit the button when you want them off.

???

·
Registered
251 Posts
Uhhhh, they're not supposed to be on all the time. There is a reason they're called 'fog' lights....
Moon
And they are irritating as hell when you have some clown tailgate you with both sets of lights on during the day. Never mind slowly creaping up to pass you after midnight and destroying whatever night vision you have.

·
Registered
781 Posts
wish there was a way that they would only activate when there was guaranteed fog out. maybe when you have the wipers on. you'd look pimp driving around with your fog lights on during the day and wipers going then. [thumb]

glad ford made them the way they did..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This appears to be a personal preference like many other things in the world. Looks like I'm manually turning them on for now. I'm sure something will come up eventually.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
What difference would it make if they actually stayed on when you pressed the button? I like the extra light at ALL times of the night not just with fog, they illuminate the lower sides more and that helps when navigating parking lots and street corners because its easier to see the curbs.

I'd prefer them to stay on when I press the button, and stay on each subsequent time until I hit the button again.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Fogs On All the Time.
The Extra Load on the alternator will cause your MPG to drop.

Here's an idea for DRL
Find a way that 3 LEDS could fit in there, without removing the existing Globes.
Use a Led controller that switches on automatically with the engine.
DRL without having to cut up your car.

·
Registered
533 Posts
And they are irritating as hell when you have some clown tailgate you with both sets of lights on during the day. Never mind slowly creaping up to pass you after midnight and destroying whatever night vision you have.
Hi, we call them chavs over here, or BMW owners...
Chris

·
Registered
772 Posts
I was asked about this by an engineer at the focus owner event I went to this month.

They said it's possible to set the fog lights on when headlights are on but it really makes no sense.. They're fog lights and aren't meant to be on at all times. I agreed with the engineer. I'd rather preserve the bulbs and press the button when I feel I could use the extra light.
Well it's good you put in your "opinion". Hopefully the others were a little more open to the fact that this needs to work like other Ford vehicles for customer familiarity and vehicle commonality.

What would it hurt you if they enabled this feature? You just don't ever push the button for them and they won't come on. It's just a toggle switch.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have my fog lights on when i only have my parking lights on... mmmmaaannnn dosn't that really grind your gears huh? lol. seriously i think people should be free to use their fog or "auxilary lighting" when ever their little heart desires. lol people are funny sometimes.

[popcorn]

·
Registered
297 Posts
The problem with fogs on all the time are this: They can irritate other drivers, and they reduce longer-range night vision because of all the light up close; the pupils tend to contract based on the available light.

Now I will admit to some in-town times I'll pop on the fogs; residential streets with lots of pedestrians/joggers...the light on the sides can literally be a life saver. But most of the time, the headlights are more than adequate; broad, flat-topped beam pattern that's not quite up to H-4 standards, but very good all the same. Some Silverstars or equivalent will make the light whiter and thus appear brighter.

And there are times it is really handy to be able to use just the fogs; I came over Cresson mountain in a spring blizzard in a Jeep many years ago; it was so thick that all I could use was the fogs.

So is it really that big a deal to reach under the steering wheel and hit the button when you want foglights? Lights that you can control? Lights that you can use when your judgement says that they are necessary?
Moon

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
I'm wondering if there is a relay to jump similar to the fog light mod on the earlier cars.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well it's good you put in your "opinion". Hopefully the others were a little more open to the fact that this needs to work like other Ford vehicles for customer familiarity and vehicle commonality.

What would it hurt you if they enabled this feature? You just don't ever push the button for them and they won't come on. It's just a toggle switch.
It wouldn't... Why so defensive? All I did was agree with their reasoning.. They explained their reason for having the fog lights as they operate currently.. and I simply agreed.

I like how it is designed because I turn them on only when needed.. I'd rather not have to worry about toggling off. I *do* use them so your solution of never pushing the button so they're never on doesn't work.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wow, I can imagine how excruciatingly problematic it must be to press a button to turn your fogs light on and off.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts