Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering putting a ZX3 bumper on a SE. The replacement bumper has fog lights built-in.

Is wiring already set up on the SE to support fog lights or would new wires have to be pulled?

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
Some do and some don't.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I'm considering putting a ZX3 bumper on a SE. The replacement bumper has fog lights built-in.

Is wiring already set up on the SE to support fog lights or would new wires have to be pulled?
You dont need to swap the entire bumper cover (although you can), just the lower grille.

My 2002 SE wagon did not have factory fogs lights. I was able to detrmine that it had the wiring from the headlight switch to the firewall in the passenger compartment but had no wiring from the firewall forward in the engine compartment. I did the complete install with all (used) factory parts (lower grille, retainers, lamp housings, sockets/bulbs, headlight switch) and ran my own new wires exactly as the factory would have - no BS holes in the firewall. The only thing I did not do is install the fog light relay which on a MK1 is just an 'interlock' to prevent the high beams from being on if the fog lights are on.

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts