Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am driving an 06 SE ZX4 and love it. The only bummer is it is missing some of the fancy stuff like fog lights. I have recently installed the stock fog lights in my car, and am now onto the wiring. It is easy enough to do, but i need to find a wire that is hot when the car is on. Does anyone know what wire i could splice with, wire color, location, etc.........

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think the easiest thing to do, and which I think I am going to do is, buy the stocks fogs w/bezel, then do the wiring myself. There is a how-to floating around here, and it wentions just fusing it with the fuse box and power it up with the parking lights.

This way it will only have power when you turn the headlamp switch to the park lights, and then have a separate switch for the fogs(or no switch, then they would turn on automatically with head lights).

I just got off the phone with ford and they told me it would be over 400 bucks for the whole kit, so I said SCREW THAT!! I have a degree in this electronic and electrical stuff so I think i can handel a couplel of wires here and there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.