Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Which is the best way to mod your fogs (not surrounds, actual lights)?

• Brighter White (via LED swap,HID swap,Etc.)

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Yellow (either via bulb swap or film)

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Some Other Color (blue, green, orange, pink, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave Them Alone (not really worth modding)

Votes: 8 25.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what the majority prefer on fog lights... Vote for your favorite option for modified fogs.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Yellow bulbs.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I put in decent bright white bulbs in my newly added fogs but I'm wishing I went yellow now so they would actually cut through the fog better... I think yellow is the way to go for actual fog performance or go with high-power LED for looks.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Hella yellow bulbs for the win.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Why does this post keep coming up as new?! I get it, I really need yellow fogs!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
My fogs are stock. But im thinking of putting on a vinyl yellow tint.

Dont go white if you ever actually need to use them in fog. The white lighy just bounces back of thr fog and really just impairs you. Yellow cuts through fog

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yellow vinyl on stock bulbs here..thinking I will try yellow bulbs too.

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Optilux yellow fogs ordered. Amazon. $16 delivered. Love Prime! BTW, check out this link if you are interested in the yellow vinyl covers...that is actually my car in the second picture at the top (click on the thumbnail).

http://www.headlightarmor.com/12-14-ford-focus-foglight-protection-kit.aspx
Right on, I was considering the Nokya's for a few bucks more, they seemed to have better reviews but they are probably about the same in that price range... At 2500K I wonder if they need the vinyl sticker covers, but those are on Amazon too for a few bucks less than the site your car is on.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I had yellow lamin x and yellow bulbs on my 04. Fog was no match for it. I would like to do the same to the 14 now but a week or so ago they had heavy condensation in them. Then went away within a day and hasn't come back. I would hate to put the film on them then be denied warranty work because of it if the crap comes back.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I had yellow lamin x and yellow bulbs on my 04. Fog was no match for it. I would like to do the same to the 14 now but a week or so ago they had heavy condensation in them. Then went away within a day and hasn't come back. I would hate to put the film on them then be denied warranty work because of it if the crap comes back.
No way that would void any warranty... they couldn't prove that adding a film caused anything.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Never done anything warranty related before so I'm just being safe. If it doesn't come back soon then I'll end up getting some film. I just ordered bulbs.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just ordered some yellow lamin-x and Hella Yellow fog bulbs...This Houston fog doesn't stand a chance. I do a lot of night driving anyways.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Optilux yellow fogs ordered. Amazon. $16 delivered. Love Prime! BTW, check out this link if you are interested in the yellow vinyl covers...that is actually my car in the second picture at the top (click on the thumbnail).

http://www.headlightarmor.com/12-14-ford-focus-foglight-protection-kit.aspx
How long have you had this set up Tigeo? No heat/warping issues? These fog light assemblies get cheaper and cheaper in every car or truck we get. The plastic feels like a hot day could melt it. Inexpensive metal insert mods exist?

Ive had the optiliux on my truck and they look great. They only lasted about 6 months, though i used them alot. Changing the bulbs was easy on a truck though. How about on the Focus, changing seems like it will be a pita?

·
Registered
976 Posts
^^^Had the Headlight Armour vinyl overlays for almost 2 years with no issues.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts