Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the SVT fog lights fit in an SE?

if not, what is different? They look about the same.
thanks!

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
well svt lights have a different housing they sit in, only way to 'adapt' them is to cut out a hole on the end of the bumper like the svt's and put them in there, otherwise get svt bumper, or aftermarket fogs

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so they are the same foglight themself, they just sit in different housings?

so one could get just the fog lights, and maybe order the correct housing for them for my car?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is the difference between the two bumpers?

sorry to be a pain, just trying to understand.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
An SVT bumper will not fit on a 2007 SE.

TheSVT foglight housings are probably a bit bigger, and they won't mount up the same. You'll also likely have to wire up new bulb sockets as I doubt the bulb sockets are the same.

You might be able to mod it in and socket replacements that will work with the SVT fogs can be gotten from Autozone for a few bucks each. SOunds like an interesting project.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well if i can get enough feedback from this, I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig for this. I think a lot of people are wondering this as well. I would love to help the focus community.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder if it easier to modify the SVT fog light mounting brackets to fit non SVTs'.

I am only saying this because it's so hard to find the stock fog assembly without paying 400 bucks to ford.

I guess i would need some pics of the two brackets, probably hared to find though.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Im thinkin about the same thing. Got an 06 and $50 for the bezels and retrofitting my own fogs into them is alot more appealing than shelling out the cash to ford for the real kit.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I havent gotten them yet, but I got a quote from fordsvtparts on FJ for 24.20 each for a bezel with chrome on it (anyone know what this is? the standard ones?) and 25.77 for the ST ones.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have part numbers at home that I will get for you. I have parts numbers for the chrome bezels, matte black, or silver i think. I will post them up later tonight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts