Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
i had the same deal. tried it several different ways and never could get it to work. ended up blowing out a couple of fuses in the process

·
Registered
29 Posts
No problem on my '03 ZX3... make sure of the slots your putting the wire in... Using Yellow 14-16 ga wire and yellow 14-16 ga spades it was a tight fit but it works[thumb]

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Ha, that picture looks strangely familiar! For those who have tried this and it didn't work, you probably did either put the wire into the wrong place(s) or perhaps you were expecting the mod to be something it isn't? It allows you to turn on the fogs when you have only the parking lights on, and to have them on when the high-beam headlights are on. That's it, nothing more. [???:)]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Well, I think Canadain Focuses are wired differently because of their DRLs. I don't think US bound cars had DRL ever.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Okay, I thought maybe that's what he was talking about. In that case, yeah, things might be totally different in terms of how the wiring is set up...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll probably have to jump the fog light wire from the relay to oen the have power when the parks are on !!!

an the driving lights , simple , a swicht from the relay an the head light

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Hey, if you get things working, post the instructions for those other Focii that have DRL and want to do the fog mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts