Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found this kit on ebay today and it looks promising. anyone instal this kit yet. I really want fogs i think these cars look so a hell of alot better with fog lights instead of those stupid black covers.

fog lights

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also found this kit
fog light kit with drls
I was wondering if anyone knows how to hook up the driving lights. They look they come with terminals on the ends but im not sure how you would use them to hook them up. I believe you would have to cut the wires and splice them into the marker light harness or something along those lines. Anyone have some feedback or personal experience with these lights. I wish this second kit came with the first kit's harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a polaris rzr with loads of led lights, I just used those crimp on splicers. But remember that's low current draw.
DRL's I wouldn't worry much about, unless you want them on all the time I would just splice into the park lights.
Driving or fogs I def. would go the extra mile and do them right.
I am gonna butcher my two black pieces on my car and try and install a 4 inch led in each one.
If I do butcher them up, rockauto.com has them for $40 a piece. Beats fords price of $300 for a pair of factory ones, anyway of looking at it.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I was looking through the different kits there on eBay and I like the switch better on the other kits but look like they only have 35w H8 bulb... hmmm... I'll keep looking... I really want fog lights as well, when I first got the car we went through a surprise late spring blizzard crossing the mountain and REALLY could have used them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the kit with the driving lights it says about hooking up the terminals on the drls with the black wire going to the negative side of the battery and the red wire going to the ignition fuse box. im not sure if you are supposed to hook it in to a specific fuse that has hot all the time or not. seems kinda weird but i could always splice them in with the parking lights which would look nice since i already have leds bulbs in the parking lights looks a hell of alot more high end than the stock yellow bulbs.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
On the kit with the driving lights it says about hooking up the terminals on the drls with the black wire going to the negative side of the battery and the red wire going to the ignition fuse box. im not sure if you are supposed to hook it in to a specific fuse that has hot all the time or not. seems kinda weird but i could always splice them in with the parking lights which would look nice since i already have leds bulbs in the parking lights looks a hell of alot more high end than the stock yellow bulbs.
Fuse 42 under the hood is the rear wiper. You can use an add-a-fuse here for DRL's. It's hot only with ignition. This is where I have mine wired to.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Quality is good install is a little bit tough but not to crazy will get pics soon
So it's the one from the original post? Actual H11 bulbs like OEM? Then I'm definitely interested in hearing about the quality and install too as I could really use some myself.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Cool, please let us know how the installation went, things to be aware of, etc.. and some pics if you can... but definitely would like any installation tips you might have... i'll have a mechanic friend do most of the work but I know these things can be tricky.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I may be one sided install wise as im a veteren mobile electronics installer. But install was expected and took roughly 30-40 min. Pull plastic under front bumper. Has the holes for screws but no threads or speedclips. I used 1/4-20 uts bolts and washers two a side. You have to get under car to line up stuff and see so jack stands are helpful. As for wiring i wanted them on with the headlights so i relay isolated off of the headlight triggers. I also replaced the two part PITA plastic clips with christmas tree pins for future light bulb changes to be easier. I also despised the chrone trim so ipaint matched them.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Thanks for the tips, I'll be having my mechanic buddy with a lift helping me so knowing what size bolts to use, etc. will help... I have headlights that are always on (former rental car came with that for some reason) so not sure I'll be wiring the way you did, it will probably be easiest for me to just hotwire off the battery and use the switch provided... I definitely prefer the chrome, it looks good on all the MK3's with factory fogs, especially on my tuxedo black, so less work there for me too.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts