Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Just curious if anyone has been able to get the fog lights and high beam lights to work at same time?
I have a 2010 SES.

cheers
I dont have any info on the MK2 (2008-2011) but on the MK1(/MK1.5) (2000-2007) there is relay in the fog light circuit that must be closed (energized) for the fog lights to operate. The fog light relay is only closed with the multifuction switch in the low beam mode - so the fog lights do not operate in high beam mode. I believe this is/was a US DOT requirement. I see you are in Canada - may be the same.

This may/may not be how the MK2 lights operate.

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some of the lighting is controlled by various computer modules from what I can see (I.e DRLs can be disabled in here using Forscan) so unless you know how to edit as-built data and not break your car it might not be possible to change it without some kind of wiring bypass I guess

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some of the lighting is controlled by various computer modules from what I can see (I.e DRLs can be disabled in here using Forscan) so unless you know how to edit as-built data and not break your car it might not be possible to change it without some kind of wiring bypass I guess
That is what I am afraid of, causing a bigger problem ..... oh well. Thanks for the info guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts