Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i bought a set of stock fog lights for my 03 focus sedan and used an aftermarket fog light harness to wire them, so my question is where can i find a set of white or yellow fog light bulbs for my stock housings?????? and the OEM light bulb size is 899, is there any other bulbs that interchange with this housing that wont mess anything up like housing or wire harness????

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one knows what bulbs interchange with the factory fogs

·
Registered
52 Posts
you can always tint the light it self and run stock bulbs

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^^^ well i did some research and the 893 bulbs look like they would fit they are the exact same except the lumens are 200 higher than the 899

·
Registered
52 Posts
^^^^^ well i did some research and the 893 bulbs look like they would fit they are the exact same except the lumens are 200 higher than the 899
that shouldnt hurt the wireing but dont quote me as long as the drawing amps and wattage are the same it shouldnt

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have had two ppl tell me i should use a relay in my harness

·
Registered
52 Posts
yea it should have came with one or atleast a fuse id leave the fuse alone and try the bulbs you want then see if they blow a fuse then deff. look in to a relay

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
880, 893, 885, 884, 892 and 899 are the same. The length of the bulb and light output are the difference

·
Registered
128 Posts
let us know how the 893 works out. I'm wanting to go yellow myself

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what would be better yellow fog bulbs or yellow cling tint

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^^^ok i am going to buy a set of yellow fog bulbs from amazon.com they were only $21.00 for them

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Sounds good. What bulbs are you getting? I would go with Nokya hyper yellow in 893. 893 is 37.5w (same as 899) vs 880 which are 27w. Used to have them and loved them. I'm running LED lamps now though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds good. What bulbs are you getting? I would go with Nokya hyper yellow in 893. 893 is 37.5w (same as 899) vs 880 which are 27w. Used to have them and loved them. I'm running LED lamps now though.
how do u like them i was gonna think about getting them for my foci

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
They're alright. The output isn't anything special but they fill in the dark spot right in front of my car. I'll try to get a picture of them tonight.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts