Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to be possibly buy an SVT front and rear bumper. The front bumper has fogs but my car does not currently have them. What do I need to make this addition?? I figured some wiring harness and a new switch for the fogs for the inside of the car.. has anyone done this before ??? Help me out guys!!!

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
2003 ZX5 and no fogs. Odd.

Hopefully, Ford was kind of enough to install the Fog light harnest for you and you just need to plug it in to the fog light.

Maybe someone has already done this and they will step up and give some answers based on experience.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Depending on what brand of fogs you buy, they will come with everything you need (including detailed instructions) I can't speak for sure about OEM, but the aftermarket ones that I've installed on friends cars have been pretty simple.

·
Registered
245 Posts
When you go to purchase them, make sure to ask if they directly into the fuse box or connect on the positive terminal of the battery (like a amp power cord) If you can, get the ones that go into the fuse box, so they'll work with your ignition.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No No No... lol ..I am gettin the bumper from someone I know. He is gettin new fogs so I am taking the ones that are already in the bumper that he is giving me. So either I will have to go to ford and ask them for a harness or like you said, maybe they were nice enough to have one on there already.

·
Registered
148 Posts
go to a junk jard and see if they have any wracked foci and see if they have the OEM headlight switch. if they do theres got to be a harness, buy if from tham. Or go to the deler and buy a switch and harness, my friend did that but make sure you tell tham the headlight switch with fog lights.

peace

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Does your headlight switch pull out(fog light switch) when you have the switch in the headlight ON position or just turns to turn the headlights on and off?

If the headlight switch doesn't pull out when you have the headlights on, it would be recommended that you get one from a junkyard or dealer if you want to install the factory fog lights.

Otherwise, you will have to devise a method of running wires to you cabin and then mounting a switch for the fog lights.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Running the wires isn't tough... a drill, solder gun, electrical tape and some patience is all you need. The tough part is making it look professional![thumb]

I know on F-150's that Ford left the plug for the fog lights (on non-foglight equipped trucks) near the front... I can't remember where, but I know it was a simple plug-n-play setup. The owners had to buy a different switch to make them work though. They needed the switch that pulled out.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
do you need a switch? i will sell you mine.

·
Registered
892 Posts
My wifes 03 SE didnt come with fog lights and the harness isnt there. I bought the switch, lights, and grill. I havent gotten around to figuring out how to tap into the harness to make them work. Im guessing that somewhere in the loom there are the connections I need to make the hook up. Maybe this spring, to cold to work on it now.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i've run into this problem with a focus i bought today.. and really wanna know how i can get some fogs.
so... anyone?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts