Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to replace my stock SVT fog lamp bulbs with something to match the brightness and blue/white color of my HIDs. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Raybrig or Polarg. Those are the only two brands that will ever match up to the color hue's in the HID'S. What's the bulb type??? I can get it for ya. Let me know.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I talked with Sylvania(spelled ?) and I was told that they haven't made a crossover bulb for the SVT foglights yet. I had to purchase the H1(I think that was it) and modify it alittle. One of the clips was off just alittle and it wouldn't fit into the housing so all I did was cut it off. I have Streetglow bulbs and they work great! They also have a lifetime warranty on them! This was about 7 months ago so maybe they did finally come out with something that actually fits.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The Focus fog takes a 9145, and I think I found a replacement for it. Since Sylvania was one of my vendor accounts, I'll ask my rep. I won't speak too soon, but I'll post when I find out.

·
Registered
310 Posts
What year are y'all cars? Cause I thought the replacement fog light bulb was a 9145??? Gimme y'all's car year and I'll find out.

·
Registered
549 Posts
All of the SVT Foglights are the same ('02 and '03).

·
Registered
549 Posts
I believe it is the 9145 but there is no conversion to the bulb for aftermarket unless they finally came out with one.

·
Registered
310 Posts
That's what I thought...02-03 lights bein' the same. And I know for sure it takes a 9145. So with that, I'll find out. I can get some of the strangest bulb types, so I'll let y'all know.

·
Registered
549 Posts
899 are for the non SVT. It says so in the manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, the consensus seems to be that the SVT fog bulbs are of the type 9145.

Now we need to know what brands/types are available for replacement, and which of those will best mimic the blue/white look of the HIDs?

And what are Raybrigs or Polargs? Never heard of 'em.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Raybrig and Polarg are one of the highest quality bulbs manufactured. They are, of course, Japanese bulbs made with quality pieces and runs off your factory relays so not to melt the wiring but burns and looks equivalent to HID's. Just because Focus is domestic and Japanese, well, is not, don't let that ever be a deciding factor in bulbs. (Most domestic bulbs are actually Korean or Chinese made, the cheap stuff) If you ever watch pro-racing, take a look at some of the sponsors, Raybrig (not so much Polarg) are lower key sponsors because they sponsor maily Japanese Pro-race teams.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm trying to tell you that there is no conversion for 9145 yet.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ok, fine, I'll give up on it then. But I think there is one, I talked to someone about it the other day when this thread started. Nevermind. Good luck stinkfist on finding those bulbs.
stinkfist, let me know via PM if I can help ya out [:D]

·
Registered
549 Posts
My owner's manual is for all of the foci's(zx3, zx5, sedan, wagon). In that manual it tells you the foglamps take the 899 which are for the regular foglamps and NOT the SVT. There is no owner's manual specifically for the SVT except that you get a colored pamphlet(about 6 pages or so) that tells you SPECIFICALLY what the SVT does and stuff like that. I bought my SVT brand new in 2002 so maybe for the 2003 it is different but I don't see why it would be.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts