Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Hella projectors on my ZX3, and now I'd like to upgrade my fog and tail lights to match. I've searched the forums with no success.

Fog Lights: First off, I'm planning to replace the stock upper and lower grilles with the European models. Does anyone make a replacement triangular/wedge housing that will accept a Hella (or similar) lamp in the same place as the original fogs? Or, will the Hella 1NL 008 383-831 Micro DE fog lamp set fit (http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_en/ProductsServices/ForDriversAccessories/HalogenHeadlamps/Micro_DE/VehicleMatched.jsp)?

Tail Lights: I would like to install the Hella Magic Module lights (http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaPortal/WebSite/Internet_en/ProductsServices/ForDriversAccessories/MagicColours/ProductOverview/ProductOverview.jsp), but I think they do not feature standard white reverse lights. Is it possible to convert these to have white reverse?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
those are both made for the european cars, but if im not mistaken there is a US version of the morette tails, similar to the Hellas

·
Registered
123 Posts
i have the hella tails and they work great.i could see fine when backin out using the reverse lights theyre amber but i could see perfectly.best price i have seen from em is where i got em and that was mcnewsautomotive.com

·
Registered
50 Posts
Also have the Hella tails, but my assessment of the reverse lights is a good bit less positive than dudeman. I found the amber lights to not be nearly bright enough to light up the area behind me. I have a long driveway with trees on both sides, and there are moments when I can't even see the driveway behind me.

This is most likely a combination of the weaker power of the tails and the very dark tinting on the window.

SO.. as a basic suggestion, if you have tinted windows, find a way to convert the reverse light to standard bright white.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts