·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah ill write it up after school ;)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
This thread needs the boost knob turned to 11.

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I first bought it (minus mudflaps)

I my first project was mud flaps from sparco. As well as three hoonigan stickers placed where ken had them on his first fiesta

I had originally thought that when I ordered flaps, one set would contain four but it was two so I then ordered two more....

As you can tell I this picture... My tires were starting too get pretty bad...

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two new tires were next... Cooper Zeons are great budget tires.. $80 a pop

I get the new tires on and decide it needs more stickers... So I contacted Hoonigan.... And $150 later I got these and a T-Shirt

This is how I ended up applying them

Also added the monster stickers on the sides and the Rally America banner, as well as a set of 27 dollar lights... Because rally car

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After this I then found Plastidip... So I did my drivers side front wheel... Yes just that one, and my headlights...

The headlights are the same as the mk1 focus WRC cars ;) heck yeah...

After my second set of lights I raced down a muddy road and destroyed my radiators... After having fixed them once already... :/ $700 down the drain

It then started too get bad outside so I thought jumping the focus would be a good idea... Wrong... 7 feet of air later i have a bent right front strut... Ouch

It started too rub so in went the space saver... Also had a bad alighnment so my space saver is toast.... Here's another angle

So Christmas comes around and I get like $800 so I shopped ;)

Koni Reds? Yessir...

Got those in and it just wasn't rally enough... So another $400 and I find a set of 17x7 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1's SCORE they don't make these anymore and they are 14 lb wheels...

Out of the box? One was cracked so I had too fix it up

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Test fit ;)

So I went too my friends shop and we fixed up the spoke

Before-

So we did some prep

And welded I'd up. We later ground it down flush... No pics :/ but here's all the lapped welds

Not bad for aluminum...

Anyways... We spent that whole night running...at 5 I clock we got the wheel fixed... Them by 6:30 we left on a 1.5 hour trip to get almost new tires for. $65 for ALL FOUR almost new Michelin Pilot Exalto... ZR's nonetheless... We get too the Walmart tire center at 745... 15 minutes before close... And by 9pm this is how she looked... Yummy;) envy my ultralight wheels

Day pics

Also added RS badges

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well then came the day for the unintentional front bumper delete :)

My bad :/

That's how she sits now :)

Got B&G 1.5 drop springs on the way and two 33inch FSWERKS stickers as well... Will update when stickers and springs are done

So here is the front dropped

Painted calipers

Drilled and slotted rotors

Blue valve cover

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
What is that hanging down in the middle of your car? Is that the radiator support?

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it bent. It's fixed now but that mount is flimsy as hell and it bothers me... If screwed up all that crap like twice bow

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Yeah it bent. It's fixed now but that mount is flimsy as hell and it bothers me... If screwed up all that crap like twice bow
Go to a junkyard and get another one. If that gets caught and tears the mounting lugs out of the nose of the car, you will regret it. It should be pretty cheap, if you can find one that isn't completely mangled.

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As of now it's fixed.... But I was thinking of just building my own..

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
As of now it's fixed.... But I was thinking of just building my own..
Me too. Especially since there are no more bolt in radiator options. I was thinking of making one that would allow me to mount a universal radiator somehow. I need more thermal mass as my rad heat soaks after 20 minutes of on track driving when the temp is above 90°. Which is pretty much all summer here in the south.

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This car is for sale. Make me offers

·
Rally Rev #00
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New car :)

So I purchased 18x8 OZ SUPERTURISMO LM Wheels
Dmack DMT-RC TIRES

Also have a light pod and suspension being built

Custom Bilstein 46mm inverted Rally coilovers in the front, Bilstein HD shocks and still haven't decided on springs for rear!

Light pod

This build is going to be tight

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Those struts make me all tingly in the groinal region.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts