Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the turbo for the 2.0 duratec and the 2.3 duratec?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
um i believe one is for the 1999cc and the other is possibly for the 2261cc engine. lol sorry couldnt help myself, in other words , i have no idea. probably nothing really. maybe one is tuned down a smidgen? dunno.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would think that mounting points would be slightly different. Possibly manifolds would be slightly different, more/less flow on the 2.3 that might be harmful to a 2.0. I would think the turbo's themselves are the same.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
tuning

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If thats the case I am going to buy the turbo from the guy who had his car wrecked. He said it's for a 2.0 but thats why I made this thread because I have the XCAL2 already so couldn't they tune it to my car?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I am about to have a turbo'd ST along with all the bolt-on's that I have and cams. [:D] [:D] [:D]

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
sweet.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could do that if the turbo works.... waiting for a response.... [:D]

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Give them a call first WFST because there might be a slight difference in the length of some of the tubing. There is an 11mm difference in height between the D20 and D23 which is exactly 7/16 and probably would be something that could be made up in the flexible links. I'd just check with the people who designed it to be positive. You're going to need the correct tune anyway.

Best of luck [thumb]

I might just join you on the FI train some day [hihi]

·
Registered
859 Posts
WickedlyFastST said:
If thats the case I am going to buy the turbo from the guy who had his car wrecked. He said it's for a 2.0 but thats why I made this thread because I have the XCAL2 already so couldn't they tune it to my car?
Make sure that 2.0 isn't a ZETEC. The Duratec turbo's haven't been out but for a couple of months.

Also, you might want to think twice about buying someones homemade Duratec turbo system.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no it is the focussport turbo system on his 2005 duratec it's just that he has the 2.0 duratec.

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
HOLD IT!!!!

Didn't you just have a header put on your car--- like last Friday...... and NOW you want a turbo???? [screwy]

What was your job again... maybe I'm the wrong business [idea]

All in good fun [cheers]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts