Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Focussport sport exhaust system and I was wondering a few things...

I am going to be running a Cosworth header VERY SOON and I want to get the stealth muffler. Now, does the stealth system have an EXTRA muffler on top of the normal muffler they give you with the sport system, or does the stealth system take out the sport muffler and in place goes the stealth muffler???

I am just wondering because if it in fact just an extra muffler I will just get a little cheaper universal and mount it somewhere under the car because I refuse to have a fart can at the back of the car.

·
Registered
367 Posts
as far as I know, the Sport has one muffler, and one small "glasspack" or whatever.

The Stealth has the same regular muffler as the Sport, but instead of the the glasspack, it has an actual "real" muffler in its place, so there's two regular mufflers.

Lamar

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see hopefully well see... someone had a thread exactly what I was asking over on focaljet so I asked my question too [:D]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how is that going to work when buy the muffler/resonator???

How is it going to be installed becasue I like how the resonator right now just slides in and bolts down tight... is it not going to fit???

·
Registered
204 Posts
All I got to say is my stealth FS exhuast sounds great and my draxas header is gonna make it sound even better. Yeeeeeeee bboooooiiiiiiii

·
Registered
176 Posts
WickedlyFastST said:
So how is that going to work when buy the muffler/resonator???

How is it going to be installed becasue I like how the resonator right now just slides in and bolts down tight... is it not going to fit???
Should just need to pull out the old glass pack - the smaller of the two - and slide the larger resonator on and clamp it down.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw a pic just a few mins ago and I see what the difference is... the glasspack that came with the sport system was pretty big damn the stealth one is HUGE... hopefully it will quiet my header down.. atleast when I put it on...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts