Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this question has been answered here already, someone please point me to where. I did a search using "FocusSport header" and the system searches using this: FocusSport, header. Anyway, the search results gave me every instance of "FocusSport" and of "header". Too many results to be of help.

The question: Does anyone here have any experience with the FocusSport race header and flex combo. I was just wandering around some parts sites making a wish list [;)] and I found this item. I don't remember seeing it mentioned here yet, so I thought I'd ask.

As far as my search results, Does anyone know how to force the system to search for: FocusSport header

I thought enclosing it in quotes would do the trick but the system still broke it down to two search params, not one.

Thanx!

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Yup^^ fabbed By cosworth for ford I think

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
the above posts are correct.

do NOT replace your SVT header with any aftermarket header.

the only exception, if you can find it, is the JBA 4-1 header, it is the only header I know of that made more power than the SVT header on the same car (wasnt much, like 4-6 whp) but the header hangs about 2 inches lower (because of the collector) and gets dented VERY easily. Not worth the trade off

keep your SVT header.

·
FF Affiliate
31,456 Posts
I have never seen a JBA come close to the same power let alone more then the SVT , I have never seen any production header out do the SVT on any of the Focus

Tom

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
I agree with every one, don't pull the stock header. However focussport is now FSWerks if you still want to track them down.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I guess I see why I haven't seen a thread on that header here before. Thank you gentlemen for slaking my curiousity. I guess a replacement factory SVT header stays on my wish list. Nice to know Ford did such a thorough job with the SVTF

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with every one, don't pull the stock header. However focussport is now FSWerks if you still want to track them down.
Yes, I found that out when I googled "FocusSport header". I was just wondering about it because they make a big deal of signing a waiver before you actually make your purchase, because this header/flex pipe combination is "for race only!"

I thought, as such, it may be a bit better than the SVT stock header. Since I need to replace mine in a few months, I thought if it was better, I'd consider it. It is interesting because this combination uses just the header and flex pipe, where stock has the header, cat (or replacement), and the flex pipe. One less joint, one less potential leak. [:)]

But the overwhelming response seems to be to stick with stock. Good enough for me.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Top 2 for the svt header- #1 take it off and heat wrap it. #2 go have it coated or buy ford racing ceramic coated one

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have never seen a JBA come close to the same power let alone more then the SVT , I have never seen any production header out do the SVT on any of the Focus

Tom
there are 2 dynos floating around.

one showing +4 whp, the other showing +6

i cant find them, but I saw them when i had my regular zetec focus, and looking for a header at that time (2+ years ago).

i still wouldnt get the JBA as it dents way to easily from how low it sits.

·
Registered
84 Posts
the above posts are correct.

do NOT replace your SVT header with any aftermarket header.

the only exception, if you can find it, is the JBA 4-1 header, it is the only header I know of that made more power than the SVT header on the same car (wasnt much, like 4-6 whp) but the header hangs about 2 inches lower (because of the collector) and gets dented VERY easily. Not worth the trade off

keep your SVT header.
I have 0 experience with JBAs for the focus, but I had a set on another car and they SUCKED. Weld broke at the EGR bung after less than a year. I would stay clear of JBA products personally. YMMV

·
Registered
764 Posts
Top 2 for the svt header- #1 take it off and heat wrap it. #2 go have it coated or buy ford racing ceramic coated one
Im pretty sure the ford racing ceramic coated header has an egr tube welded to it for the regular zetec. If so, these will result in slightly less hp than the regular svt header which comes without it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
just leave the stock SVT exhaust manifold alone, the special vehicle team knows what they're doing

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just leave the stock SVT exhaust manifold alone, the special vehicle team knows what they're doing
That seems to be the general consensus here. My header is damaged and I was looking to see if there is any better header out there since I need to replace it in the coming year anyway. Since the overwhelming response is that the SVT header is boss, I'll get another one of them.

Thanks to all for your responses!

Mike.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Not really...the stock heat shield is VERY effective. I left the heat shield off once and made a quick run to the store. Popped the hood and almost burnt my eyebrows off (not really). Even if heat wrap is more effective than the stock shield, which I'm reluctant to say, it wouldn't be a huge difference.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts