Focus Fanatics Forum banner

FocusSport Hearder for Duratec?

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Silverback 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I see that FS has the header for the Duratec's now, has anyone tried it yet?

#5 ·
Was going to tell you to save your money and get the OBX, but just noticed that they actually ceramic coat there header and dont spay paint it like Cossie or F2. So as long as they use a good ceramic coating then thats a good deal.

#6 ·
i would totally buy focus sport over anything else, yes its gonna be a little pricier but your going to have amazing quality.

#7 ·
i agree. im gonna save up for the focus sport header as well. ive seen pics of the obx header and it looks crappy. i could probably make a better one myself and i have no welding experience. focus sport is the way to go

#9 ·
no matter what when u do a header it is best to get a tune i know on my 05 zx5 once i got the header the mil annoyed me so i had to get the tune and sorry no matter what anyone say's YOU WILL MAKE MORE POWER OUT OF A HEADER WITHT A TUNE sorry honhon but it is true with out the cat you lose back pressure and with out a O2 cheater u will loose mpg i am not a no name when it come's to car's i know these car's very well

#10 ·
Well I have the FS intake and Stealth exhaust and thought the header would be a good cap. I just figure buy letting it breath as easy as possiable I can get better gas milage. I get around 33 to even as good as 36 if I stay at 65 mph, so if I can get 37 or 38 I'd be happy.... Having the FS 2.25 exhaust should give me a little added back pressure needed to keep my low end Tq, but still let me breath...

#12 ·
Yeah, I have definitely lost some MPGs since I installed the new header. Part of it is my fault, racing around whenever I get a chance but I am sure you are correct and I plan on that upgrade in the very near future. If I can take it easy, I am almost even to what I had when I drove normally before the upgrades. Anyways, still trying to figure out what chip will be best, and I am pretty sure I am going to have Tom do the tune, as it almost sounds like blasphemy if I go anywhere else.

#14 ·
for the duratec focus sport to this day has been the best in tuning in my and many other's eye's for the zetec and SVT tom is the best but if u getting tuning and u can't chip a duratec but focus sport is the best

#15 ·
I have no doubt that FS is the best, thats why I've waited for them to come out with headers and why I have their exhuast and intake... I'm thinking of maybe trying just the header and leaving the stock flex pipe in place to keep the back pressure and my low end Tq... I gutted my cat on my 2000 Tacoma and OMG I lost mad power, so I'm really careful about a "TO" free flowing exhaust... I'm not looking for more power, I'm looking for better gas milage and with that stock flex in place there sould be enough pressure I would think for the 02 sensors to read okay, but out flow the stock manifold with the CAT...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.