Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that people have been wondering what the Focussport exhaust sounds like. Well I don't have the stealth exhaust, but I do have the Sport Exhaust, and I think it sounds pretty mean. Here's what it sounds like with a Volant Intake on an AUTOMATIC ZX3 (redline has been bumped to 7200rpm). Keep in mind, that it's very quiet at normal driving, only when you punch it is really loud. And this is my first video ever, so pardon the poor quality. Next time I'll try and take some video from inside the car, and under normal driving. Oh and make sure you have the volume loud!

Revving

Flybys

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sounds good...Thanks for the video, I am currently shopping for an exhaust.[thumb]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i think you were doing more the 25 mph on that city street [;)]

sounds great! [thumb]

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Sounds good, your neighbors were prolly like, "what the eff is this guy doing again". Seemed pretty quiet when you pulled up at the end.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^haha my whole neighborhood has alot of very fast very loud cars, so my neighbors are used to it. In fact, the turbo trans-am around the corner wakes me up every morning.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
LOL very funny the flybys, looked like those cartoons where the bad guy is chasing the good guy and they keep appering from one side of the screen to the other.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
its weird, when the revs get high all i really hear is the volant. But the exhaust sounds pretty good, doesnt sound that loud either and yea definitly really smooth. The stealth one must be really quite.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cool

Wow, that's cool. I have the same exhaust but with a custom SRI. I always wondered what it sounded like when I drove past someone. Thanks man![thumb]

·
Registered
38 Posts
what the h*@* kind of figure 8 neiborhood do you live in???turn around time in those flybys are just seconds!!!Are ya drifting that thing in complete 180s???the exhaust does sound nice though...smooth and no rasping.[thumb]

·
Registered
53 Posts
lol that 2nd video was tight, and your car sounds good IMO!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
So is this just a catback? Do you have a header or anything else besides the volant? I love the way it sounds this has convinced me to save my money and order it

·
Registered
110 Posts
It sounds good but I think mine sounds better. I am running long ram intake, 4-2-1 header and twister exhaust. I will try to make a video this weekend and post it. Sounds great though....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its jus catback/intake. but i do want to add either a svt header or fs race header to it to make it even louder, but hoepfully not ricey and highpitched?

·
Registered
105 Posts
yeah, highpitched and tinny/ricey is not good, (one of the primary things that makes hondas not a car i'd like to be in.[?|]

·
Registered
590 Posts
Once you add the race header and take out the Cat thats when it will sound raspy. Thats why your car is quietier than people expected....But it does sound good. its actually the exhaust i was going to get before my son was born but now i cant drive around with him in the car and have the exhaust...hes only 5 months....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts