Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well worth the money, nice even throaty sound. Great pickup. Not too hard to install, although, Ive been a mechanic for about six years now (on the side, shadytree style) and without any experience, you'll need help. It took about an hour to install with help. You could do it on your own, but it's nice to have someone to hold this or that. Kept gas mileage virtually the same (ok, I got on it a lot more than usual today [;)] ) Overall, I would definately give it a mad thumbs up.[thumb]

·
Registered
847 Posts
Absoluetly :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
cool deal, I am glad it worked out nice! I got the marcy motorsports one and I'm happy with it ^_^

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got it today and love it too:)
Wanna do the exhaust but don't want a reason for cops hassle me either.
FocusSport should put a sound file like magna so we can hear it first:)
Super tuned sound very quietly. Lets see if the stealth can do it.
Anyone here with it like the matching exhaust?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I have their exhaust with the silencer on my zetec and you can def not here any sound that would attract cops........I love the sound that it makes at idle.....Nice rumbling..............Although it might be a little louder 'cause you guys have a 2.3L.....Don't know if it will do anything but..............

Peace....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 2.3 will make no difference in sound (compared to vassili95) Only on high end (5k rpm+) Both silencers are designed to silence that engine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I notice you are in California. Will you have to swap out to your stock airbox for a smog check?

In my delSol I have a CAI with a CARB sticker and I have had to swap it out for the stock parts each smog check because I don't pass the "visual inspection" [:(!]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is it true you only smog new cars every 4 years?
If so I don't mind installing the exhaust and intake in time for smog or to trade in the car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
the marcy intake is better and cheaper and usess a K&N filter bam

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
catmomma said:
I notice you are in California. Will you have to swap out to your stock airbox for a smog check?

In my delSol I have a CAI with a CARB sticker and I have had to swap it out for the stock parts each smog check because I don't pass the "visual inspection" [:(!]
I don't know. I just registered the car at the dealership (brand new & stock) and in 4 months I'll have to reregister it in Michigan. As far as I know, I shouldn't have to even do a check at all there.

Off Topic - Thanks for the advice jaymoney on the Marcy, I can't wait to run out and trade my FS in[thumbd]

·
Registered
847 Posts
I like the ITG filter of the FS better

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the focus sport cai and love everything about it. K&N are old school they havnt changed the way they made their filter in years. I figure if ITG filters are good enough to put on 500+ hp indy cars they should do just fine in my Focus.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts