Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 346 Posts

·
Nope, Chuck Testa
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Announcing FocusFest/STFest '16 - Presented by Panda Motorworks! Cordova International Raceway, September 2-4, 2016.

Registration and Goodie Bags: FocusFest - Registration

Host hotel information here:FocusFest - Lodging

Schedule:
Friday 9-2 - Meet & Greet at Best Western starting at 5:00, Drag Racing at Cordova Internaional Raceway 5:30-10:00 Test & Tune $20, Spectators $8
Saturday 9-3 - Car Show, other activities, and banquet at Cordova, Registration 10-12, judging 12-4, awards and banquet 4-6 at track
Sunday 9-4 - Auto X with Quad Cities SCCA @ Iowa Air National Guard, Davenport, IA 9:00-4:00 $25 for SCCA Members, $40 for non members

Thank you sponsors!
Altitude Autoworks - Attending Event
Anarchy Motive - Attending Event
Cal Ponycars - Attending Event
[url='http://cp-e.com/"]cp-e[/URL]
Depo Racing
Edge Autosport
Focus Power - Dinner Banquet Sponsor, Attending Event
FocusRSShop - Attending
Massive Speed System - Attending Event
MBRP - Attending Event
Panda Motorworks - Presenting Sponsor, Attending Event.
Perfect Circle Autosport - Attending Event
RebelDevil Customs - Attending Event
Rally Sport Direct
ShakeOut - Attending Event

Car show info & classes:
Classes:
Best of Show
'00-'04 (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
'05-11 (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
'12+ Focus (non ST) (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
'13-'14 Focus ST Modified (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
'15-'16 Focus ST Modified (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Fiesta ST (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Focus RS
Other Ride (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Furthest distance traveled
Audio dB (1st)
Special Judges Pick Awards to be determined at the show

Judging for 2016 will be a lot different than in previous years. We will be doing a participant/judge hybrid voting process. Here's how the judging will be done this year:

Participants vote for their top three cars in each class. Judges will tally the votes for each class and pick the top 3 based on participant votes. Judges will go to the top 3 cars in each class and place a decal on the car signifying it is a top 3 finisher in class. The top 3 in each class will have extra time to prepare their cars for the final stage of judging. The judges will then judge the top 3 in each class based on the following categories:

Exterior: 10 Points
Paint: Clean even paint overall. No Chips or Fading. Custom paint, quality and finish.
Body: Fitment and finish. Body Kits, Lip Kits. No parts falling off. Must fit properly.

Interior: 10 Points
Craftsmanship/Custom Work: Upgrades and interior swaps. Quality of work. Cleanliness, Functionality. Correctly installed and working parts.
Audio/Video: Clean set up. Must be functional. Custom work.

Engine Bay: 10 Points
Cleanliness: Clean and free of oil spills or splash marks. No loose, cut or frayed wires.
Engine Swap/Power adders: Bolt-on, Turbo, SC, Nitrous etc.
Dress Up: Wire Tucks, Deletes, Covers, painted/powder coated pieces.

Hatch/Trunk: 10 Points
Cleanliness, features, use of space. Custom work.

Undercarriage: 10 Points
Wheels/Tires: Clean and well maintained. Wheel and tire fitment is appropriate to build. No dirt. No curb rash
Brakes: Rotor and caliper condition, functionality.
Suspension: Cleanliness, appropriate to build.

We can't stress cleanliness enough!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
So Drag Racing at 22:00.... that'll be interesting! Won't be dragging mine, long (but not as long as Memphis) drive back to The True North

Mine'll just sit and look prrty. Y'all gotta come to Morinville if you wanna see mine in action!

·
Registered
149 Posts
You guys are getting screwed by the hotel. I can get either room through my company's travel site (concur) for 97.99 a night.

Even their regular website for the public has a better rate.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
So Drag Racing at 22:00.... that'll be interesting! Won't be dragging mine, long (but not as long as Memphis) drive back to The True North

Mine'll just sit and look prrty. Y'all gotta come to Morinville if you wanna see mine in action!
Dude, I only made 2 passes last FF I made it to, was still fun.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Dude, I only made 2 passes last FF I made it to, was still fun.
She's my daily, just rolled over 51,000 km and had tranny trouble when I got to Memphis last year. I also have a 3,000+ km drive back home after. Well over 6,200 km round trip, not including the wanderings and to the track and supper and whatnot. Last year's FF put about 8,200 km on the car.

I bought it this time last year with 17,011 km on it.

·
Nope, Chuck Testa
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys are getting screwed by the hotel. I can get either room through my company's travel site (concur) for 97.99 a night.

Even their regular website for the public has a better rate.
I had seen that you could get a better rate if you pay in full, in advance. If you reserve at the FocusFest rate, you can still cancel just as you would any other typical hotel reservation.

·
Registered
149 Posts
112 a night just seems high for Davenport. It's not a major Tourist destination. Last time I paid over 100 a night for a hotel room, it was at a Fairfield Inn Suite at Chicago Midway. It was Nice too.

·
What do i put here?
8,344 Posts
Lmao that would be the slowest race ever..

but i doubt ill bring her.. we'll likely have melanie's kona there for sure.. and i doubt mine if i even have it.

I wonder if I can Call Out LOU for title of Fastest SPI, if he will bring his.

1 - 20 of 346 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.