Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to install my 65 mm FC TB this past weekend I received back in December - I was abroad for a long time. Man, I only drove a few hundread miles with it, but I can definitely feel the difference. The whole car seems to pull better and somehow it feels more balanced and constant. I think Solaris said it some time ago that it feels a little bit as you got a new engine [:D]

Also, this was my very first thing I did to my car myself. I took off the old one and put the new one in at a friend's garage. I was very surprised how easy the whole thing was - even for me. So if you think about getting this mod, I would definitely say go and get it. It worth every dollar spent on it [thumb]

·
Registered
951 Posts
Congrats Tibi [thumb] Like you the Focus is the first car that I've done the modding myself. I was a big fan of the TB and the ease of the installation. I installed my Iceman at the same time so I can't tell how much of the performance is really attributed to the TB or the intake. My only beef right now is my throttle is sticking right now......oh and my loss of power issues (fuel pump). Anyways, right on!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
its generally about 250 unless u find a used one. congrats on the tb. im always trying to tell everyone how good of a mod it is but some people still dont get it! volant + fc 65 is a great combo

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys [:D]

Hey Jeremy, did you check your idle screw? This seems like a small problem for some people according to myfordfocus.com. Check the TB install how-to and see if that's your problem if you didn't do it yet.

As for paying I think I paid like 265-270 with shipping if I remember right from newedge.

Next is the Hyperground system installed next week, then at least a cat-back before the focuscentral dyno day in May. I know it's only an ATX, but will be fun to see how much power will it finally make [thumb] After the cat-back I think the only extra perf mod will be just a Diablo chip.

·
Registered
456 Posts
EuroZX3 said:
volant + fc 65 is a great combo
Definetly, I have it and love it.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Yesirr, congrats on doing your own work, not to bad was it? and the feeling of accomplishment when you do it yourself is nice.. I drove a friends zx3 with a TB last year and it made me go out and get one..nice mod.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
of course you are gonna like it, its focus central! check out my profile
if focus mike has it its good! you can take that to the bank. wo0t!
i <3 focuscentral

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly as you say it, the best part is knowing that I did it by myself - with my friend watching over me of course [;)]

·
Registered
525 Posts
So I am looking to go the same route...Volant CAI and FC 65mm TB...BUT...Has anyone redone their fuel maps? Does this need to be looked at since there will be significantly more airflow going into the engine? I think that the fuel maps should probably need adjustment after bolting these two items on. DISCUSS...

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
not really. in a speed density system this might be necessary, but MAF can compensate for these upgrades. realistically, you need to upgrade (remap) the MAF if you start flowing some serious air (turbo, S/C, NOS, etc.), but that's about it.

MIke

PS- might just wanna start a new thread so we don't jack this one

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hey, Congrats on the new TB. But I have a question does a larger TB use more fuel? Im assuming it does but I just want to be sure, And if so will it be very noticible?

-Shawn

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
well, it flows more air, which in turn will need more fuel, so yes. but it's not a huge amount. if you're wondering if it will affect MPG, probably not.

Mike

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
It will deff. affect your fuel consumption......[burnout] Till you learn to keep your foot out of it![:)~]

·
Registered
951 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Tibi. I checked out the how-to and you were right, they mentioned the sticky throttle. I'll have to check that out tomorrow. Gracias mi amigo!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
viney266 said:
Yesirr, congrats on doing your own work, not to bad was it? and the feeling of accomplishment when you do it yourself is nice.. I drove a friends zx3 with a TB last year and it made me go out and get one..nice mod.
You mean mine? [:D] Did you finally go out and get ya one?

And yes, the TB makes it feel like a whole new car.

Don't get too carried away now![;)]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts