Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys recently my focus has developed a fault or two it runs spot on 99% of time but lately every now and then when im driving its as if the car stalls but at same time all the electrics go off and come back on within a second or two or when i start car it starts and stops after a couple of turn overs it starts [dunno]

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
That sounds like a battery terminal problem- most likely the earth (-) terminal. Remove the terminal, clean the mating surfaces with an abrasive. If you have any corrosion built up, use baking soda (calcium carbonate) and a little bit of water to make a paste works great, or I use window cleaner and a rag. Then use a wire brush, sand paper, or some other abrasive like a Scotchbrite pad to scuff up the mating surfaces- and put it back together tightly.

Depending on how old your battery is you might have issues internally in the battery. I would try the terminal first to see if that will solve your problem. I would even clean and re-install both terminals. It's much cheaper to do that than replace the battery straight off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree, I had the same issue on my Foci exactly the same thing that happened to yours - and appeared to be corrosion on positive, I cleaned it and it worked [:D][:D][:D]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts