Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My problem is no water coming from the jets (front and rear) I have been researching this problem for a while but nothing really helped.
So I was thinking washer pump is gone because when I press the switch from inside I hear no noise from the motor. I took the motor off and gave 12V power I saw it is actually working. Then I checked the fuse, its okay too. Some saying hoses might be blocked or filter I dont think this the issue so I assuming there is no power going to the washer pump. What could be the problem?

Thank you

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
So you've tested everything but missed one diagnostic test; measure the voltage at the electrical connector end going to the washer pump with a multimeter probe when the washer button is depressed and ignition on. You should see 12V on the yellow/black wire end. The white/black is the ground.

If you don't see 12V then either the wiring from the switch to the connector end is broken (is an open circuit) or the switch itself is faulty. I'd suggest the switch as the problem if you don't see 12V. Wiring breaks are relatively rare.

Try swapping with a known good wiper/washer switch if you can get your hands on one. They pop in and out without too much difficulty. Now may be a good time to go to intermittent wipers if you don't have them already fitted.

If you do see 12V at the connector, temporarily remove the reservoir screen and test. If it then works, replace/clear the screen.

If you do see 12V at the connector, and the screen removal doesn't make them work, check the individual spray nozzles. Put a pin in the hole (gently) in the nozzle ends to clear them of any obstructions. I've seen instances where a car was waxed and the holes were plugged solid with dried wax.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Relay 18 and/or 19 controls wipers. You may want to check there also. Are you getting freezing temps yet ? Mine froze up one winter because I had water in my washer tank from the summer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the responses.
I thought the connector might be the problem but I dont have a voltmeter so couldn't really test is and didn't want to cut the connector I was going to bypass it.
I check the relays they are good. (and it is still warm here)
So I will take a look again and write here back if I figure it out.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
A light bulb and a couple pieces of wire is all you need for a quick test light, or a buck or two for a cheap "emergency" type one that'll do the job....

AND the test light will give you an indication that there is actually amperage available at the connector as well as voltage....

Luck!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Windshield washer problem!

I found the replies as to ways to check on a problem with the windshield washer not operating. I have the same problem with my orig. owner 03 SVT Focus. Does anyone know if the switch is still available from Ford? I checked couple weeks ago and the motors still are. thanks much, a. smith. brooklet, ga.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked everything power going to the end connector, motor is working.
the problem was multi-functional wiper switch (wiper arm assembly)
I didnt think it would be the problem it was activating the wipers so I thought its okay.
it is around 100 bucks at ford dealer. I wish I saw those links before I actually order the part :(
they dont ship to Canada anyways

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
It is. I believe it may have been fitted standard on some Focus models, like the SVT. You can retrofit it to earlier cars that were originally equipped without intermittent wipers, like I did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts