Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, need some help here, my Ford Focus seems to be stuck in Neutral, I'm thinking something is wrong with the transmission......I drove it find all day yesterday and last night...Get in it to leave this morning and whether I have it in Drive or Reverse, it's trying to just go in reverse....put it in neutral due to the fact I was stuck halfway in my driveway and the street and now it wont go forward or backward. I managed to push it to the curb to get it out of the way, but I'm at a complete loss. System check is telling me the car is fine, but obviously it is not.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Welcome to FF

I'm moving this to the MkIII problems section where you can find more info. on troubles with the trans. (among other things).

Sounds like a TCM (transmission Control Module) issue to me, though those aren't limited to the module itself - even a poor battery ground can cause similar problems.

makulocco videos posted in stickies here give a lot of info., one good place to start looking for more advice. (one in the General Tech section you first posted in, but more applicable ones are here)

G/L, and if you have troubles with a Dealership the Ford Rep who checks in here can be a lot of help. (Meagan)

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hello, need some help here, my Ford Focus seems to be stuck in Neutral, I'm thinking something is wrong with the transmission......I drove it find all day yesterday and last night...Get in it to leave this morning and whether I have it in Drive or Reverse, it's trying to just go in reverse....put it in neutral due to the fact I was stuck halfway in my driveway and the street and now it wont go forward or backward. I managed to push it to the curb to get it out of the way, but I'm at a complete loss. System check is telling me the car is fine, but obviously it is not.
I recommend heading to your dealer for a diagnosis. Once you have an appointment set up, please let me know, along with your mileage.

...G/L, and if you have troubles with a Dealership the Ford Rep who checks in here can be a lot of help. (Meagan)
Thanks a million, sailor!

Meagan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts