Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting some used focus 16" alloy wheels as opposed to the stock 15" steels which are quite rusted and the hubcaps look terrible. I've only found one set on cragislist in the past month from a 2012, but it was baked on paint BRIGHT green, wouldn't look too good on my maroon 2007 focus SE sedan. I assume they fit since it's the same 4 bolt pattern or are they too wide or anything like that? I was thinking people upgrade their brand new cars rims all the time and I should be seeing more used rims. Where do they go? they keep them for snow tires? does Big O / Les Schwab / commercial tire keep them and sell them?

EDIT: also am I really sacrificing ride quality? Our 2003 altima has 16" wheels and it rides way better than the focus, not sure if the recommended tire size for 16" on focus is lower sidewall than the altima, probably altima is a way bigger car

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
I was thinking about getting some used focus 16" alloy wheels as opposed to the stock 15" steels which are quite rusted and the hubcaps look terrible. I've only found one set on cragislist in the past month from a 2012, but it was baked on paint BRIGHT green, wouldn't look too good on my maroon 2007 focus SE sedan. I assume they fit since it's the same 4 bolt pattern or are they too wide or anything like that?
2012 focus is 5x108 and 2000-2011 is 4x108, they will not work. So no, not the same 4 bolt pattern. New Fiesta is 4x108 and is an option.

: also am I really sacrificing ride quality? Our 2003 altima has 16" wheels and it rides way better than the focus, not sure if the recommended tire size for 16" on focus is lower sidewall than the altima, probably altima is a way bigger car
Not at all, 16" focus wheels still have tons of rubber to absorb the road. Tire size is 205/50, not sure how that compares to Altima. 16 and 17 wheels should be considered an upgrade over the stock 15" wheels

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2012 focus is 5x108 and 2000-2011 is 4x108, they will not work. So no, not the same 4 bolt pattern. New Fiesta is 4x108 and is an option.

Not at all, 16" focus wheels still have tons of rubber to absorb the road. Tire size is 205/50, not sure how that compares to Altima. 16 and 17 wheels should be considered an upgrade over the stock 15" wheels
Thanks! This helps a lot. No fiesta rims/wheels on craigslist either, easier to believe fiesta owners aren't upgrading wheels. I still wonder if the tire shops might have what I'm looking for. If I was rich enough to go spend 1000$+ on new rims and tires on top of my 10K+ car that already had alloys I would probably not even care what happened to the originals.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Takes a bit of waiting to find 16's in your area just when someone changes them. J/Y would be a quicker source.

16's aren't changed out often, only enthusiasts looking to use 17's for performance summer tires are likely to do so & they might keep the old ones for Winter tires.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Takes a bit of waiting to find 16's in your area just when someone changes them. J/Y would be a quicker source.

16's aren't changed out often, only enthusiasts looking to use 17's for performance summer tires are likely to do so & they might keep the old ones for Winter tires.
Oh man, I don't know why junkyard never crossed my mind haha. Thanks for the help sailor.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I looked here for a while when looking for something better than the stock 15's, eventually take off SVT's showed up in my back yard posted on here.

Never know when & where you'll find something you like.

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
Your site is showing uk models/trims. In '08 they were onto a completely different focus there than what we had in North America. Just make sure its the 4x108 sizes you are looking at.

Anyways, 16's will clear the brakes on the '08 just fine...not that i have seen 16" steelies for a focus though...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was thinking about getting some used focus 16" alloy wheels as opposed to the stock 15" steels which are quite rusted and the hubcaps look terrible. I've only found one set on cragislist in the

FWIW have you looked on eBay?, or even the Marketplace section on this site? (Top right of this page.) Go to Parts & Accessories, then to Wheels & Tires. I just did a quick search and there was a set of four wheels "FS 16" Cougar 6-Spoke Wheels". I stopped there but I'm sure the are be more. This seller was in Ohio, but I'm sure there are additional choices, maybe closer. Ya just keep looking 'til they show up. GL

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Its how you search, some people dont really know the technical stuff about wheels and tires so you have to search many different ways.

You can search Focus wheels, Ford wheels, some call wheels tires so try Focus tires or even try 4x108 some times you can search "wheels and tires" and have to go threw all the threads some people are very vague when they post things as if you can read their mind what they are selling.

When i was looking for new wheels for my car i about gave up on 17s so i went with a 15" split spoke stock focus wheel and as soon as i got em painted up and fixed all the chips, put new tires on em a pair of SVT wheels popped up on craigslist i couldnt believe it.

I i had to take a huge hit and sell the 15s with the new tires on em for the 17s.

I eventually found a set of SVT wheels and some 17" centerline storm wheels so i have a set of summer and winter 17"

This year i decided to run 15" steelies for a while

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
You should also be able to use any 16" wheels from a late model Cougar or any Contour/Mystique.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts