Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very keen for a 2002-04 Focus SVT in Sonic Blue, Infra Red or Screaming Yellow. Looks like a fun and not too common ride.
Most that I see available are 100K miles plus. Can this forum advise some particulars to look for that could cost a lot to repair (things to avoid or cost into the price)? I have heard motor mounts, CV joints and of course, timing belts.
If there are other threads already here, please refer me.

Very good site so far. Thanks very much.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You can find SVT's for sale on here and there are a couple around houston. Personally I'm dieing for a Screaming Yellow one, but they are rarer. They do have a few issues but once taken care of they are just like any other care, just more fun to drive. Make sure the timing belt has been replaced, check to see if the clutch has been updated with the newer one (they had a TSB on them), valve cover gasket likes to leak but is easily fixable. Those are just a few things off the top of my head. I'm sure other will chime in with more knowledge, the site is full of it.

Check out the Texas section here on the forum, we have meets almost monthly and semi-meets in between. We just had a lil' fix it meet last night.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just joined up myself and am in the market for an 03 infra red. I found one but it's been lowered to the point of cutting tires even with the fenders rolled. I put a post in the suspension category if anyone can help me out. I will def keep my eye on this post to see what I need to look for. Good luck on your search 1956Ford.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
There are several out there if you look on autotrader. SVTF with the EAP is the way to go, heated Recaro seats for that old tired back, big reason why I got one. Yellow and Orange only come in EAP. As for the other colors it can be hit or miss, 03 and o4 are the EAP years. Like any used car you shoulddo a complete service on it when you get it, that way you know everything has been done on it and you have a good base to start from. Take it somewhere and put it on a lift and look over it. My NJ car was surprisingly clean and had all th efluisds changed in it. Istill took it home and changed all the fluids. I knw it will need a clutch soon and I want to replace the timeing belt as soon as my Jeep is back. These are things I can do to make sure thye are oall done. I haev replaced some odds and ends here and there to get the car up to par as well. I have put 10K on th ecar since Jan 11 and it gets 30mpg on it on the road abd about 23 in the city, but that is my driving in this car. I had an issue with plugs fouling but soon found out there is only one type of plug to really put in the car and I had the wrong ones. Other than that this one has been good to me. Teh other car I have is for racing only and I have beat the hell out of it and the last time I drove it, it ran like the day it was new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts