Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i feel liek the tranny in the focus is RETARTED !! i never want to down shift unless im like 60% or more on the throttle and it soo slow sometime that im half way to the floor and losing speed uphill cus it take 4 to 5 second sometimes to down shift .. it shift smooth it got good fluids in it and it low miles .. just hit 90k last night .. i fell like its lockign the TC as often as possible for MPG thats good but it sucks when i wanna go somewhere

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine also seems slow to downshift at times but all things considered the wagon is supposed to be a family vehicle not a performance vehicle. Its bigger and heavier than the hatch so I deal with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bought my wagon in 2000. 194000 miles later it still reacts that way. Btw, I also have an 07 wagon and the tranny is much more responsive.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
You can change the way it shifts with a tune. Get hold of 1turbofocus aka Tom. He can get your shift together ! Pun intended.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive come to learn that the tranny is just slow get use to it it also much better with the ac off now in the winter .... now anyone that wqould pay 400 dollar for just a shift tune is retarted ... i paid 2k for the whole car im not gonna spend 1/4 of that price more for just a tune i dont thing the focus its self is wroth any mods sense its front wheel its a awesome fun car to drive stock leave it alone and keep it maintain

1 - 7 of 7 Posts