Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with the door locks on my vehicle. I have to push the button repeatedly to get the doors to lock (if they do at all). This problem occurs with both the remote locking unit (locking or unlocking) or pushing the power lock button on the door (more locking since I can just pull the handle to get out). Seems odd that both methods would fail at the same time so I was wondering if it went beyond the buttons, so to speak.

Thanks for any advice you can offer. This car has 160,000 miles and counting so it's no surprise things may be wearing out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was afraid it might be an expensive fix as it appears electrical. I will look into a proper diagnosis, starting there. I have read that if changed the GEM must be programmed to the vehicle. Can only the dealer do this?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lock Problem

I have a similar problem in that only one door will not lock either with the button or the actual handle on the door (rear passenger) I have taken the door apart ( this also happened on the other side last year.) and the cable that allows the manual locking mechnism to work is being stopped somewhere in the mechanism. Of course you can't see where it is going, but this seems to be a mechanical rather than electrical problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same/similar issue. Mine froze unlocked and would not lock. I replaced the cable and handle thinking that was the case. Was not. I had to replace the actual lock mechanism on the passenger rear and it cleared it up. Pretty easy and fast fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts