Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i as some of you may know i just got a REALLY high dolar paint job and a pro dtm kit about a month ago. i also had a bad clutch so me and a friend changed it in the driveway the last couple days. got the clutch in everything worked great. gave her a good wash and wax then off to drive him home. well he lives down a two lane country highway so we are cruising along about 60mph when all of sudden............deer. the air bags went off and busted my windshield to but i replaced it already. heres the results. i am very impressed with the duraflex kit tho really strong.

[?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|]

i am also looking to trade some one my wheels for your factory or other wheels plus some cash. 20x7.5 american racing black haze with all good tires

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
damn deer... my biggest fear heading to my parents house... doesnt help they are out and about this time of the year :-\

glad your ok though

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
Nah, it's not totaled. Effed up, but not totaled. That sucks dude. Stupid dumb animals.
Needs new hood, fender(s), bumper, upper grill, and headlight, should be able to straighten the radiator support, might need new radiator if the mounts broke

·
FF God of South FL
2,417 Posts
the deer won

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Man that really sucks, you had an awesome paint job.

·
Registered
244 Posts
well all that matters is ur ok. cars can be replaced. nie btw if yeah lived closer i might be tempted by this offer lol.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Oh geeze... Sorry

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
geez man that stinks...that paint job i still killer, i hope you plan on fixin her up

i think it about time we made a thread "ive been hit by a deer" or sumthing within the last month there been at least 4 other occurrences of this, i think the deers have something against focuses or sumthing

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
There was an article in my local paper about deer for this time of year. There's a two mile stretch of road I have to travel every morning at about 4:45. I had three close calls last year. I've seen as many as six along the side of the road. I let the idiots fly by me at 60-65 so they can clear a path for me.

·
Banned
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no pics of the deer a resident close by heard the crash an came and picked it up. he said three people hit a deer almost in the same spot over the last week. a funny story tho is afterwards i was driving home and there was a very weird sound in the suspension. so i stopped to check it out and the deers leg was tangled in my suspension!!!! i doubt i will rebuild it. i have to repaint the whole car from scratch because you cant blend candies and that is about $4200 in just paint and supplies!!. and yes it will be totaled mostly because the airbags deployed. hard to tell cause i replaced the windshield yesterday so i could see. will prob just let my gap insurance cover what i owe, and ride my GSXR around till i can afford another car this is my fifth focus i will prob get another one but a SVT this time.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Not as bad as mine accident ;) But my air bags didn't deployed, what I think is strange :| . Put some "bra" on it ;) jk

·
Registered
774 Posts
Bro, you could just get the fenders straight and not repaint that. CF hood. Could just repair the bumper and then have it resprayed. It would be close match but I know how paint goes, "never exact", which sucks, but it would be hard to tell.

If you really have your heart into this car, it looks VERY save-able. Good luck bro with whatever you decide. Paint job looks mint from the photos, good color.

·
Banned
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bro, you could just get the fenders straight and not repaint that. CF hood. Could just repair the bumper and then have it resprayed. It would be close match but I know how paint goes, "never exact", which sucks, but it would be hard to tell.

If you really have your heart into this car, it looks VERY save-able. Good luck bro with whatever you decide. Paint job looks mint from the photos, good color.
candies dont blend like regular paint. it would be way off since the flake and pearl mix in the base wasn't measured just added till liked it. cant just repaint spots or panels with candies especially six different color candy oranges and a cd silver rainbow flake and pearl base like mine has

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Sorry this happend, that sucks. Good thing you have gap insurance!!!! I PMed you about the wheels.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts