Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sorry to see this. My SVT is in the shop right now being repaired for damage from a suicidal deer but yours definitely involved a lot more damage. I sure hope you came out alright. Be well and take the rest of the day off. [cheers]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to see this. My SVT is in the shop right now being repaired for damage from a suicidal deer but yours definitely involved a lot more damage. [cheers]
Totaled. Repair shop manager said he stopped writing estimate @ $16,000... he was about halfway done with it. [80?]

·
Registered
620 Posts
I was lucky. I was had just started to passed a car when I spotted my deer and started to slow down when she turned right and darted in front of me. I think I made contact at ~30 and just knocked her down. She got up and stumbled into the medium. I only needed the hood, grill and right headlight replaced plus the bumper repainted. My total repair bill will be about $3500 of which Geico is covering $1500.

I realize it still pretty fresh but what do you think you will move into next?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well.... Not that anyone here missed me, but... I'm back in a Focus !!![driving]

The Fiesta you see pictured above was just totaled out by... you guessed it... Another FREAKING deer !!! (For the record, I've hit 3 deer in 4 years)…

That Fiesta was a great little car... 40+ mpg with lots of bells and whistles... but I'm really happy to be back in a Focus... The only thing missing on this black SE is heated seats... The Fiesta had 'em and I'm not sure I'll survive Indiana winter w/o... lol

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Seems like you need to be cool w/ where the deer are....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well.... Not that anyone here missed me, but... I'm back in a Focus !!![driving]

The Fiesta you see pictured above was just totaled out by... you guessed it... Another FREAKING deer !!! (For the record, I've hit 3 deer in 4 years)…

That Fiesta was a great little car... 40+ mpg with lots of bells and whistles... but I'm really happy to be back in a Focus... The only thing missing on this black SE is heated seats... The Fiesta had 'em and I'm not sure I'll survive Indiana winter w/o... lol

you ever try those little deer wistlers they work really well.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1Pair-Ultra...898727?hash=item2f211b4727:g:ruEAAOSwSZBbhlaR

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've never used them... That is until NOW... Put a set on the day I bought this new Focus !!!
they work really well ive seen it firsthand I thought they were a money grab but I seen a deer run out and wip around and run back into the woods apparently the whistle spooks them

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they work really well ive seen it firsthand I thought they were a money grab but I seen a deer run out and wip around and run back into the woods apparently the whistle spooks them
I did some research... There is a question if they actually work... or rather, how well they work... All I know is, I've totaled 3 cars w/o them... So I figure... for $5, what the hell... I'll slap a set on !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts