Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stupid car seems to be haunted with trouble after trouble.

The newest:

Squealing sound from the front left brake that corresponds to rotation between 20-40mph ish (can't hear below 20mph ish and over 40mph, i'm sure wind noise overpowers it). I can hear it better when I drive past another car and the sound echos off the other car.

What the heck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oooh, I had this on my Cougar.
My mechanic reassembled the brake assembly, but it never went away.
And now my SVT's brakes squeal!
Damn brakes. Damn them all.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
i'd check the pressure of the caliper pistons, if they have too much pressure for some reason when your off the brakes they might be making the brakes slightly rub on the rotors?

how old are your breaks? if thier work the breaks will "squeal" so you know they need to be changed

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Make sure you have enough meat on your pads, you might be hearing the wear indicator doing its job (which is to squeal an alarm when the pads are getting too low).

If the pads are OK and approximately evenly worn L & R, in & out, then you're probably fine if you just get used to the sound.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blurvfocus said:
Make sure you have enough meat on your pads, you might be hearing the wear indicator doing its job (which is to squeal an alarm when the pads are getting too low).

If the pads are OK and approximately evenly worn L & R, in & out, then you're probably fine if you just get used to the sound.

Plenty of friction material left. Yeah, I'm sure its fine functionally, but its freaking annoying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts