Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
needed to replace rear trailing arm bushings on 03 focus. but it looked like a big job(especially with Minnesota rust) to remove arms. so I made a tool that does it on the car. you have to remove brake cable from arm, remove speed sensor wiring from arm, remove clip for brake line from arm. jack spring all the way up ( till it starts lifting car). then you can easily pry down front of trailing arm till bushing area is below unibody. then wedge a board between unibody and outer body to hold arm in place. then be sure to mark the position of bushing mounting flats on to arm.old ones were easy to remove , they basically fell out. the made a tool from some pipe and all thread. it works o.k. , a little tight on gas tank side. but it saved me from fighting and most likely replacing other rear links etc. I used 1/2 inch all thread, wouldn't recommend anything smaller, it takes some pressure to push these in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Nice Work!

Moved it to the Brakes, Suspension & Chassis section for reference.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Might be able to make a setup like that work, don't forget to orient the new one to match the old one's position (mark before removal). "Twist" of the bar needs to be the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts