Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Ford Focus TDCi started up as normal and died after 2 sec,after that it wont start at all. When i bled the fuel system it started up and i did not have any issues for a week and then i had the same problem again. It seems like somehow there is air comming in the fuel system. Please help

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Air coming in... would be strange. Maybe a lack of normal fuel pressure/flow. Have you replaced the fuel filter yet?

Video here. Lucky you, that's easier than my Focus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNphjXBNuIE

Ömer Durmaz 2 months ago

Hello again, I did manage to start up the engine again, first you will need to fill up the hoses that leads the fuel 1-from the tank 2-to the engine, up with diesel. And then I filled the new filter with diesel I took from the old, then you will need to suck out the remaining air afterwards in the new filter, and you will need to do that process until you get diesel in your mouth literally(that's what I did) if you have to much air in the horses the fuel pump won't create enough pressure to lead the fuel.

Brook Campbell 3 months ago

Should have filled the filter with diesel first , if not thou will be in for a flat battery and a car that will not start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts