Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us went to a local 2012 Ford Focus test drive event. The point of the track was to run over blue-tooth enabled targets to score points, but we ignored then and just tried to really get a feel for the cars handling.

Here is a VERY SHORT video of us going once around the track.
- The wheel shot is of my run
- The smaller video is of DEMENTEDSVTF's run. Amazing how they line up perfectly.

http://youtu.be/lj8aBqUVRuo

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I had fun and was actually surprised by the stock 2012. The test cars were all automatic :( and other than the ridiculous throttle lag they had some pep. The mpgs that the car read after our runs (about 6)said like 8mpgs lol.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
^^ if they want to be pansies about it why dont they use electronically limited cars for their tests? with all this computer technology im sure they could limit top speed and select a gear range for the automatic.

whats the point of this if they are going to yell about running the cars too hard? almost any other manufacture wants you to push the car in controlled environments like this. i remember i went to a mazda6 event when they first came out and mazda set up a autocross course and wanted people to push the car hard. had helmets, time recorders and everything! MINI does the same thing. leave it to ford (and scion) to make something lame.

"Welcome to this fun autocross course!!! We want you to really have fun driving our all new 2012 Focus because its sooooo great! Just to show you how great it is, please limit top speed to 15MPH and oh, dont turn the steering wheel too suddenly. In fact, dont drive the car at all, were going to have our AARP representatives drive you around the course! this is going to be soooo much fun!!!!"

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were happy to let us drive fast! :) They even let us go multiple times and they had a pro driver there that would take people around the track really quickly too! They were pretty cool about it. They were expecting me to drive fast when I attached my own camera to the door lol.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
They said it was a timed event so?! The pedal met the floor board lol. Well they knew something was up when they saw rob and I what we drove up in. Not ur normal test drivers haha

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
nice looks good!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my 2012.. It seems to hold the road with the stock setup quite well. How did you think it compared to other Focuses of the past?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts